1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Critical update for Firefox released

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 19 Dec 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

I'm more concerned with the poor stability and performance of Firefox 3, myself.. I've found it to be slower, more cumbersome and more likely to crash than previous iterations on every system I've installed it or used it, even without addons.

Even the computers in uni which all use Firefox are afflicted by the same slowness and likelihood of crashing out, now that they use Firefox 3, while it wasn't so back when they used Firefox 2..

Has anyone else experienced or noticed this?

3. Goty

Goty Minimodder

FF3 is probably one of the most stable programs on my PC, let alone web browser. I've found specific instances where it will crash, but it rarely does so randomly.

4. bowman

bowman Minimodder

Nope, not at all. I'd get a few crashes with FF2, and some cases of slowdowns which I guess was down to memory leak, but none of that with the release of FF3.

5. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

I've got 4 instances of FF3 open, with 55 tabs open between all of them. I've not found it to be crashy at all :D

6. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

slow.... thats all im gonna say.

im happy with Chrome actually..................... :p

7. Floyd

Floyd Wire Twister

Good night thats some serious browsing. I think the most tabs ive had open was 5 lol

8. Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner What's a Dremel?

Yeah I'm definitely a "serious browsing" type of guy. Currently trying to close some of the 186 I've got open to tidy it up a bit. I find that it crashes once a week or so for me. But then again that's one week of it constantly open (dont turn my pc off). It usually happens on a page full of flash, or when trying to stream a p2p flash video.

Much better than IE, which crashes all the time. If I try to open a new tab after I've got 25 or so already, it will just not open. I have to close some to open another.

9. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

good thing i am sticking with shiretoko. thats so bleeding edge its infront of the blood.

10. jweller

jweller What's a Dremel?

3.03 = crashes, 3.05 = slower

When I upgraded to 3.03 it crashed constantly. The interim update reduced the crashes. 3.05 is working ok, so far, however it is indeed slower than before.

I'm discovering that FF really is no better than IE both in stability, performance and security. I do like some of FF's features better. The find feature is really wonderful.

But I in small part I use FF just to stick it to Microsoft.

For security reasons I now use both IE and FF. When critical unpatched vulnerabilities are discovered in FF I switch back to IE temporarily until FF is patches, then back to FF I go.

11. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Since I have updated to 3.0.5 today I have had the browser crash out 5 times when loading a site from my bookmarks, not a happy chappy at the minute. :(

12. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I liked FF2 better but FF3 is still my favorite web browser

I'm downloading 3.0.5 right now

13. g-freak

g-freak What's a Dremel?

Wasn't 3.0.5 released three or four days ago?

14. Xir

Xir Modder

Hmmm, my Firefox doesn't find any updates for itself, but is not on the latest version for it's built...
    Strange...will have to update manually.

Tags: Add Tags