1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News CRT emulation provides authentic retro gaming

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 5 May 2009.

1. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Sharpness of the image of a CRT depends on the quality of the CRT. One reason why CRT failed is because people were going to stores and went "Give me the cheapest computer monitor", so they get a terrible hard to read text screen, at 60Hz, that flickers and cause headache. In was in a time where the average computer users did not understand the concept of "you get what you paid for".
    A good CRT will give you a very sharp image, and no flickering or headache.
    CRT sizes exists in 32inch and even higher, I think I even saw 42inch CRT screen if I am not mistaken. Back in the old days, people were buying 27inch size screens, and that was considered large. 32inch was getting over the top. Something, thus, that you must remember, is that LCD screens are in widescreen. A 19inch LCD is much smaller in height then my 17inch CRT computer monitor.

2. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

I still use crts, I am down to two now and only one is what I consider a good one, being a Sony CDP-G520P and the other only being an accusync 90. I have had 3 16" sony trinitrons of the same model die out on me over the last 8 years. I have had my current sony for about 7 years and it still ticks along great. I move it 4 times a year along with what ever my secondary crt is on a 5 hour drive. I wish that there excited LCD screens that could match my primary crt but still I have yet to find one. Maybe those upcoming OLED monitors will be worth it....

3. Uhfgood

Uhfgood Indie Game Reviewer

4. NeedlesKane

NeedlesKane You're a Dremel

my god im confused, we have a thread which shows crt emulation to make the picture worse and most of the comments are saying that crt quality is better. irony Cheesecake. though plus 5 to CRT for displaying black better.

5. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

That's a emulation that does a very OLD CRT TV simulation. And a simulation doesn't do a good job than the real thing. In fact the idea of this emulation is to exactly look it bad for Atari games (early colored CRT TV's).

CRT TV's and computer monitor are completely different how they work. Computer monitor has 1 pixel (square) which has all the colors. TV are rectangles where it plays with the intensity of each color channel to output a color. CRT TV's even the latest good ones, is no wear a descent computer CRT monitor.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_lsW0D5f6c...Otip1mvds/s1600-R/you-are-being-monitored.jpg

Tags: Add Tags