1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Crypto Mining

Discussion in 'General' started by spolsh, 5 Jan 2018.

1. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

I've recently started having a go at coin mining on the OCUK forum mining pool. It's a small pool, so bit unlucky and not hugely profitable at the moment, but it has some helpful people that have made it easy to start mining for fun/learning/profit (maybe one day LOL).

Being on another (and sometimes quite opinionated) forum, I don't know if anybody would be interested in having a go but anybody is welcome to join in (you don't have to join the forum). The first post here has instructions on how to get started and what to do :
    https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...guide-in-first-post-back-mining-etn.18803113/
    A lot of the people having a go are just casually trying it using pretty standard rigs (though they're not much use for anything else while mining really), so you don't need 30 RX Vegas to join in. Things sometimes get entertaining in the thread too !

The biggest thing to remember is : It's a long complicated process to actually convert crypto coins to real money, it's certainly not "mine coin = money in the bank" ... but it's a bit easier to transfer them to different coins and maybe have a play at the trading game too.

obaidbd likes this.
  2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Nah, not these days. If you're mining Bitcoin, Ethereum, or Litecoin, it's as simple as "transfer to Coinbase, sell for Euros, withdraw to your bank account." If you're mining anything else, then add "use Changelly, ShapeShift, or an exchange to convert to Bitcoin, Ethereum, or Litecoin" as Step 0 then do the above.

Alternatively, you could stick it in Wirex and be able to pull fiat out of your crypto holdings at any time with a debit card - instant cash!

3. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Can see that once i get more than a few quids worth of coins I'll have a whole new set of learning to do ! I always thought the were like a million steps and then some to get the actual money out.