1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Cryptocurrency

Discussion in 'General' started by MLyons, 6 Dec 2017.

1. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

The red! It burns!!

I'm not too worried though (well, at all worried). I got into this with a "bust or moon" goal, and I got time to see it through. Still expecting big things in 2018.

2. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Yeah lets maintain this positive attitude - it's a nice day to get away from the portfolio and enjoy some sunshine! :thumb:

3. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Actually bought another LTC to bring my average down CONSIDERABLY. Did the same for my measly BTC stack too. Looks like I actually timed the bottom pretty well, as things are creeping back up now.

4. Mongwopman

Mongwopman King Ding-a-ling!

I've purchased a load more XRP on this red tide.

5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

God past me was smart.

6. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

GDAX literally going mad right now. Biggest % changes I've seen since the December bull run.

7. koola

koola Banned

It's a way better protocol unlike modum. Check out Reddit for a more complete picture.

8. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Everything is green! The saddest part is that I wanted to buy a little more in the dip but I can’t free up shares for another week as I’m waiting on a dividend payment I’ll lose out on if I don’t want until 10th Feb.

9. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

You might still have a chance!

10. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

rip bitcoin...... £6000 / $8400

Im sure it will recover some in a few months but still not looking great.

Last edited: 4 Feb 2018
  11. rollo

rollo Well-Known Member

Could see as low as $6000 on latest projections as there is little buying been done.

12. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

The bubble had to burst eventually. Now it well and truly has.

13. Anfield

Anfield Well-Known Member

Luckily having only paid around $700 each for most of my BTC I can afford to wait for the next rally of madness, but I wouldn't want to be in the skin of someone who bought into it at the peak...

14. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Good. Once the dumb money is pushed out and we get over the bubble phase, the tech and practical applications can actually get the headlines, not the "get rich quick"/"lost millions overnight" stories.

Anyone who is in the red now, don't panic and don't sell - you haven't lost anything if you hold, and there is a LOT more worth holding for if your portfolio is made up of practical projects.

15. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

I fear that the dumb money will never be gone, it will return when it starts to recover and pushes a new bull run, possibly to new highs.

16. rollo

rollo Well-Known Member

Its basically another stock or share at this point. You gamble it goes up or down as people are doing.

Anyone in the red now depends on your initial buy in stake. If you brought in at the top of this boom at 20k.

I would start panicking.

I got out a while back and glad I did.

17. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Exactly, as of right now it's all pretty much just store of value, which is why it's so volatile. Once all the regulators have done their thing, the big players will feel more confident investing, more companies will start using (and developing) the technology and the price will become more stable.

If Nov-Jan was a bubble, it was only the speculation/greed bubble, which means now is the smart time to invest. The guys that wanted to get rich quick have done so, the weak hands/uneducated have been burned and won't touch it again (and come to regret it). Just like the dotcom bubble, this is the build-up phase where the practical applications, real developers and use cases will stand where all the shitcoins have fallen into obscurity.

18. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Or just it'll keep cycling up and down like it has the last few times.

19. wuyanxu

wuyanxu still wants Homeworld 3

Hehe, I bought in a few weeks ago. A week or two before it took a nose dive. I went in with mindset of trying it out and only paid £90 of real monies. All of which I can bear to see vaporise completely.

My portforlio is now at £45 :grr: not nice feeling but it's been interesting learning experience :brrr:

20. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Lloyd's group banning crypto purchases on credit cards.

THIS is exactly the kind of news that morons will see and go "oh noes, it's the end of Bitcoin sell ALL TEH COINS!!!", then spend the next however many weeks telling everyone that it's a scam/bubble.

In reality, it's the healthiest and most supportive news crypto currency can get - not allowing people to get into debt to buy BTC and the like will only help stabilise the market.

TheMadDutchDude likes this.