1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Crysis 2 leaked

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by tennisball, 11 Feb 2011.

1. Nature

Nature Minimodder

Indeed, because you and everyone who works at Bit-tech can swear on their souls and the souls of their mothers that they have never downloaded anything illegally. Which wasn't my point at all, but yeah it was immature :D

Tomato sauce

2. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

Bit-tech as a whole are against piracy, that doesn't mean that individual employees are not against piracy, but that would be their own view and not the view of the website as a whole.

I do find the article a tad out of taste however mainly because of this:
    So basically you're telling us that it is allegedly a full game, that it has the solidshield master key AND contains the CryEngine 3 editor? But you're against piracy and giving advice on how to pirate etc. Surely telling us THE ENTIRE CONTENTS is sort of against the policy? Surely it would be enough to just state that the game has been leaked, it is news to tell us a game has been leaked since it's still more than a month away but do you need to advertise the entire contents that available? Personally I would never have known it was leaked without this article, but now I also know exactly where do go for the solidshield master key should I wish do cause those larger security problems you point out, I think saying you're against piracy then telling us such in depth details of what is available is just a tad hypocritical :(

3. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

I remember when it was the ONLY thing, but since the dedicated grenade button came about, it feels terribly antiquated.

4. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

tbh, i was trolling a little. I really don't see the value in putting this up front & center on the site, and then adding a nice "don't try this at home" disclaimer. I appreciate that BT is now owned by a big corporation that cannot be associated with the "wrong" side of the piracy argument. However, i really don't like the fact that there seem to be so few honest people on here willing to come out for the fact that when they saw the article, they read the following:

"Wanna play Crysis2? Now you can! Here's what you need to google to find the download link!"

I'm not saying that everyone in this thread arguing the case that "downloading shouldn't be done full stop" is being a hypocryte, but i don't believe for a second that NONE of them are. When i go to any place at all where more then a few gamers get together, they immediately start sharing games, and nobody feels bad about it. And on a gaming forum, we are suddenly all high and mighty? Come the f*ck on. :wallbash:

Why should we all pretend? Screw that. I'm a pirate.

HOWEVER!

I look at it like this: I'm not the one that needs to fix the situation. I'm a consumer, and i communicate by acting according to my demand: good gaming experiences, good price, no hassle. So i download hassle-free versions of the games, and actually pay up if i do get good gaming experiences out of it. As far as the industry makes it possible for me to do it, i will follow these tenets. I don't expect a free lunch, and i don't take it as such.

Now, before we dwell too much on discussions with beards, some OT points:

I am mighty disappointed at the design choices so far. It's consolified into being yet another COD clone, and the one redeeming feature that C1 had over it's competitors (the nanosuit) is also being dumbed down. These are probably good choices, but NOT for a Crysis game! Crysis was a game for connoisseurs. Extreme hardware requirements, intricate gameplay to master, huge maps. I was hoping C2 to do the same again, but with these design choices, my expectations are low.

So, I would not have bought nor played C2 if a playable pirated version didn't come along at some point. This leak will introduce me to the game anyway, and give it a chance to win me over. If it does, I will put money on the table, and that's a sale you can chalk up to pirating then.

5. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

I had it on preorder for PS3 and paid in full, don't really use my pc for gaming anymore.

Gave the beta a shot, cancelled my preorder and put it towards Brink.

C2 to C1 is like FEAR 2 to FEAR .

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

oh god, i know the FEAR 2 to FEAR 1 example all too well.

7. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Ah, dude, it's as though you want to get banned :( .
    Ah, good. I rather enjoyed FEAR 2 - truth be told, probably more than I did the original.

8. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

+1

9. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

Kinda doubt this to be honest. They wouldn't destroy any discs, they would just require a day-zero patch in order to play MP.

10. TS-UK

TS-UK What's a Dremel?

Looks like it was those pesky russians or a russian developer (see below). I'm assuming the username is known to either Journo's, Devs or the hacking community. This looks to have been released instantaneously after the build was completed by someone with a monster pipe to push 9GB.

My guess is law firms will be clambering to jump on this and anyone joining onine with the master key as with everything will have pretty much everything logged about them.

Their is however a flipside to all of this, the leak does contain numerous editors. IF this was orchestrated by devs (highly unlikely), it was definitely aimed towards the modders as with all game modding (remember the original Operation Flashpoint) the games longevity is increased 10 fold.

Anway here a small piece of log file from the twonk that has probably just buried Crytek.

<16:59:45> Windows 7 64 bit SP 1 (build 6.1.7601)
    <16:59:45> User name: "kycka"
    <16:59:45> System language: Russian
    <16:59:45> Windows Directory: "C:\Windows"
    <16:59:45> Prerequisites...
    <16:59:45> * Installation of KB940105 hotfix required: no! (either not needed or already installed)
    <16:59:45> Local time is 16:59:45 02/11/11, system running for 2572 minutes
    <16:59:45> 8175MB physical memory installed, 6149MB available, 4095MB virtual memory installed, 24 percent of memory in use
    <16:59:45> PageFile usage: 69MB, Working Set: 49MB, Peak PageFile usage: 70MB,
    <16:59:45> Current display mode is 1920x1200x32, (Unknown graphics card)
    <16:59:45> IBM enhanced (101/102-key) keyboard and 16+ button mouse installed
    <16:59:45> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    <16:59:45> Loading Config file %USER%/game.cfg (c:\users\kycka\saved games\crysis2\game.cfg)

Support the scene....BUY IT...it's £27 which is a drop in ocean for a game.

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/102...pe=allproducts&searchsource=0&urlrefer=search

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crysis-2-Li...RB3Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297579542&sr=8-1

11. Toploaded

Toploaded What's a Dremel?

I guess this news served the probable intended purpose (top listing in google for 'crysis 2 leaked' currently) ;)

12. Catch-22

Catch-22 What's a Dremel?

Yeah saw this on Facepunch. Wouldn't be the first time something has leaked early though. If the game is good and the engine isn't a pig, they'll still make sales.

13. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

This has been leaked from within the studio, so they can't blame anyone but themselves.

Just been watching it on youtube, I don't illegally download.

14. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Honestly I don't think this will affect sales. The beta messes up ALL THE TIME. I wouldn't even consider this playable.

15. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

I enjoyed FEAR 2 a lot more than FEAR, the second game wasn't groundbreaking but just seemed to have more variety (but still not enough).

16. feathers

feathers Minimodder

To all those plebs complaining that this leaked pre-final game will negatively impact sales of Crysis 2:

Half Life 2 also had a leaked beta many years ago. I installed that as well. Rather than encouraging me not to buy the game, it made me determined to buy the final product because even beta was so impressive. Crysis 2 is no different. The graphics are groundbreaking in many ways and it's clear that a lot of thought and development has gone into making Crysis 2. I will certainly be buying it as I did Battlefield Bad Company 2 (another game I downloaded on pirate networks initially).

One thing I will say though is that I never buy a game full price. I would not spend £40 on a game and it's doubtful whether I'd even spend £30. I think generally my limit is £25.

It's very amusing the number of pre-teens who hated the original crysis because they couldn't run it on full detail with their £50 ATI GPU. They said it was "badly programmed" and "a crap game". They couldn't grasp the concept of a game designed to run on current and future hardware. If they couldn't run the game maxed out on their crappy to average PC, the game must be to blame...

I guess Crysis 2 will face the same onslaught of outrage from countless psychotic pre-teens accusing Crytek of inept programming.

Highly amusing.

17. feathers

feathers Minimodder

What a good boy you are. I am sure you will go to heaven.

18. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

no, not playable. but it gives us a good idea of what CryTek's idea of multi-platform game will be like: consolefied.

it's been consolefied to death, it's not the original Crysis as we know it. the levels are tiny compared to Crysis and Far Cry. it's more of a brown linear shooter than a CryTek game.

and most disappointing thing? no clear suit functions. the suit stays in no-mode all the time, strength jump is done by holding space. HOLDING space like on console. speed mode is sprinting, so it's like any other game's sprint. cloak is still here to toggle, but melee doesn't drain your energy. armour is another toggle-able suit mode, but it's not much different to no-mode. strength mode sniping is gone, speed mode super high speed sprint is also gone, and weapons is now like CoD, carry 2 weapons.

totally agree with FEAR analogy, it's been dumbed down beyond belief. another analogy could be System Shock 2 vs Bioshock, or Morrowind vs Oblivion.

19. runadumb

runadumb What's a Dremel?

That was my first thought. Crysis's online chat rooms were full of spammers asking where they can get hacked servers and just doing this ****
    jksdhfjksdhfjkdshfdshf
    gdskhfgadsjkhgfaghs
    djkhfgdshfahf
    asdjfashjfk
    constantly. I swear it annoyed me so much. If I had gotten my hands on them the only reason jgkhdsfkjhgsdfkjhgkjdfghkjdgh would be appearing would be because I am pounding their stupid face into their keyboard. Total assholes! :wallbash:

If this game is good I hope it sells well on PC. They should release it earlier. Not much hope of seeing a crysis 3 on PC :worried:
    The witcher 2 is going to break records for piracy.

20. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

who can possibly resist seeing how much more lovely it looks in dx11!