1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Crysis 2 Special Edition

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Canon, 21 Nov 2010.

1. Canon

Canon Reformed

So I was reading some more about Crysis 2. I'm not too interested in it really, i'd just like to see how it runs on my different machines in comparison to its predecessor. Anyway, I read they will be releasing special editions, dubbed 'nano edition' which will include the game in a steelbook case (nothing special I have a row of them here) an 11" statue and a backpack modelled on the nanosuit.

Oh, I almost forgot the best bit. It's available for consoles now, that includes the nano edition, which Crytek claim is aimed at the ultimate Crysis fans......I am aware of the possibility but seriously, how many console gamers are 'ultimate Crysis fans'.

And they'll have to spend the better part of £120 to get it! Unless that backpack gives me super strength Crytek can **** off :)

Linky Clicky

2. Ravenheart

Ravenheart New Member

Bloody hell £119.99 for a special edition that includes less than I got when I paid £50 for the Fallout New Vegas limited edition, they can get f*cked! They're seriously taking the piss now with some of the absurd prices for games.

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Christ *I* wouldn't even buy that ****.

4. thehippoz

thehippoz New Member

maybe if it came with a saddle.. so you use a fake bazooka then jump on the saddle and ride hardcore console, maybe even have some nerf spurs with kinect.. then ride on your dads back and jab his belly for a speed boost

oh man that would be sick.. or maybe

5. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Active Member

I agree, they really are taking the p**s with these special editions now, I'd never pay full price for one and if you time it right you can pick them up quite cheap.

My local indepenent game shop had the XBbox MW2 with the NV goggles for £35 at one point and I got Batman Arkum Asylum for the PC for £15 (god that batarang was a really naff bit of wood) and Bioshock for £20 - the Big Daddy was quite nice.

6. tennisball

tennisball [Insert witty comment here]

So here's a story. A while ago, before Bad Company 2 was released, Bit-Tech did a competition . Anyway, I got first prize! :rock: So I used 4 of the downloads on NFS shift, BC2, Mass Effect 2 and Medal of Honour. I was waiting to use the fifth on Crysis 2, as soon as it came available to pre-order.

So, about a month ago, I saw the Nano Edition on the EA store I wasn't sure if it'd work with anything other then a download, but tried anyway. It worked! So basically, I got this for £1.99 (Postage) Thanks Bit-Tech! :clap:

7. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Nice going!

8. Canon

Canon Reformed

Smooth :D