1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Crysis 2 Xbox 360 Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 19 Nov 2010.

1. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

Thanks vm for the confirmation :)

Definitely wouldn't mind if the PC version is a lot more slick than the console version :clap: :hehe:

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

only those people who lack basic understanding of computing hardware are complaining about the original game. i have nver said a bad thing about original Crysis in terms of performance and graphics.

now, everyone here is bashing CryTek for consolification. catering control complexity to the lowest denominator. completely different kind of bashing Crysis 1 used to receive, the kind dashed out by kid gamers who don't understand how their 2GB 8400GS cannot play a game.

Zurechial likes this.
  3. mrbens

mrbens What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the clarification Joe. :)

4. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

why must everything be a PC vs Console battle? games are games no?

5. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

Yes. All games are games. But some are much, much better than others.

6. aegixx

aegixx What's a Dremel?

I'm sorry to say, but this preview is a little bit... broken...
    Allow me to elaborate.
    And that's because the Xbox 360 version is running on the Xbox 360, just like very other Xbox 360 game.

7. B33 ENN

B33 ENN Lock'n'Load

The argument that the controls have been simplified is the opinion of the article author.

I think it is far from a proven fact that CryTek's main influence was to cater to the console controller.

If that is truly the case it would be simple to make the PC version like before. Far Cry 2 had a limited game save system on the console compared to the PC version, which was altered to allow on the fly saves.

CryTek have stated before that they found many gamers on the original Crysis preferred some linking of the suit powers. Conversely, more advanced players felt it good because it marked a separation in skill for the better player.

Personally, I found it illogical that speed and strength mode were separate since in mechanical terms speed would be a by product of enhanced strength.

I also felt that the default armour mode was odd because it used no power, yet firing your gun while cloaked would drain suit power, rendering you visible!

The article has not clearly explained the set up so I will wait to see the new logic in action before criticising the design.

8. tron

tron What's a Dremel?

You wouldn't walk into a car showroom and say: "Why does it always have to be about this car versus that car? ... Let me just buy any car at random ... because a car is a car". No, you would most likely read the specs, test drive and also look at which looks the best for the budget.

Many aspects of life are about competition, such as: PC v Console; PS3 v XBOX; Mac v Windows; Internet Provider A v Internet Provider B; College A v College B; Job A v Job B; Route A v Route B; Slim Girl v Large Girl; ATI v NVIDIA; iPhone v Windows phone; Lambo v Ferrari; Matt paint v Silk paint; Mad Catz controller v Microsoft controller; Black Nintendo Wii v White Nintendo Wii.

Now, it just happens that Crysis 2 is being made on more than one gaming platform. In the situation where I own all consoles, I wouldn't blindly walk into a store and randomly choose which version of Crysis I will buy, increasing the likelihood that I may regret my decision later. The first thing I will want to find out is which version has the best graphics, and by how much, then any other unique platform specific benefits. Each version is still the same game, of course, but we know from experience that one version is going to be better than the other, even if it's only going to be 1 percent better. You may then look at what your friends are buying, so you can all be on the same platform as each other or not. But even that point can introduce a whole new set of 'versus' debates before you finally reach a decision.
    :confused:

9. mastorofpuppetz

mastorofpuppetz What's a Dremel?

10. aegixx

aegixx What's a Dremel?

I agree.
    I'm getting the game on PC, because my setup is more powerful than a console.
    Don't trust a screenshot off a video released in March for the quality of 360 graphics, however.
    Here's some more recent footage of the 360: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=galgKO4tCog
    Despite the title naming the footage as "beta", this is actually pre-alpha. As are all Crysis 2 MP videos, currently

11. DarrenH

DarrenH What's a Dremel?

I am not going to get into the console vs PC gaming argument. I keep mine seperate and game on the PS3. Crytek said they were going to max out the PS3 like in Uncharted 2 but better so it would be nice to have a PS3 review, not an XBox one. Obviously the more expensive the hardware the better the results but I want to see what Crysis 2 will look like on a PS3.

Any chance the author could find a PS3 version to review?

12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

my biggest concern is that it may not be balanced for lean

no really, can I lean?

13. B33 ENN

B33 ENN Lock'n'Load

I really hope they haven't cut the lean abilty! Invaluable against the aliens.

14. mastorofpuppetz

Crytek is full of it, it looks half as good as the best PS3 games like God of War, uncharted 2, and the incoming beast Gt5.

15. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

16. mastorofpuppetz

1280 X 720 is 720 p, the res most console games are played at, dont see the issue. Ugly is ugly. More res ain't gonna fix those textures.

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

we ignored your last post not because we're nasty, but because you're coming across as an idiotic fan boy. repeating the same post only worded slightly differently is not helping you shake this image.

18. mastorofpuppetz

WAAAN< WAAAN. Go cry to mommy. Crying on a forum is not helping your image.

19. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Hopefully you won't need some mythical pc from the future to be able to play this, my portal to the future has been playing up lately.

20. lionmufasa

lionmufasa What's a Dremel?

You people are comparing two completely different pieces of equipment, both of which use operating software by Microsoft. Remember, the people that made LIVE, Windows Gaming, and all that sweet stuff.

You're comparing, the safe, reliable everyday and more or less inexpensive Honda, to a Tuned Up, Volkswagon that has been revved up, tuned up, with a Super Charger, twin turbo V6 engine, and a nitrous system that allows it to breeze by the BMW with a ***** in it.

The convenience of the 360 is something not to be overlooked, if you like PC Gaming, thats great, but you can leave the 360 lower texture games alone. They don't look that bad, I mean... I used to game on this for years. http://cubemedia.gamespy.com/cube/i...e-games-of-all-time-20050805114424623-002.jpg. It lagged when I hooked it up to my 42" flat screen in the living room lol.

Anyway, PC will hold reign for its Mouse/Keyboard Controls (Infamous for its RTS/FPS advantage), but the 360 will hold convenience, and I doubt Crytek will go away from their PC roots.

They now have a Tactical Mode and Infiltration mode? something like that. So there is till 4 modes to play with, but you combine them with the main powers of the nano suit, Power(Strength/Speed, Armor, and Stealth.

So yeah, stop bashing the 360, technically, if we were to do a comparison of Console vs PC within the same Price comparisons. You'd have 5 year old console for $100 again this.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883147335
    Be nice to consoles, they're for people trying to save a buck.

Tags: Add Tags