1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Crysis interview exposes interesting facts

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Garside, 1 Sep 2006.

1. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

2. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

Oh man, this is going to be the greatest game ever! Just so long as I can make people flip in the air by shooting them in the kneecaps with a shotgun like in F.E.A.R...

3. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Ah good times.
    Definatly getting this game. The nano suit seems a great feature, and predator like stealth, this is going to be one hell of a game.

4. Cheap Mod Wannabe

Cheap Mod Wannabe What's a Dremel?

Great game, Those customizable bullets will be so awesome... I can't wait

But I'm in the middle of doing some testing Vista Gaming vs XP and I don't seem to find the magic. I'm sure it will improve but somethings not right.

5. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

What annoys me most is loads of games are touting this as a new feature. Planetside has had cloaking for 3 who damned years and I'm pretty sure this is the attempt to keep up with the fact its in 2142 also.

*sighs*

6. Tim S

Tim S OG

Vista has a whole new driver architecture, and I'm expecting it to mean good things in the gaming industry.

7. specofdust

specofdust Banned

It sounds like perhaps Microsoft want Crysis to be their flagship product more then Crysis want Microsoft on their side.

The quoted parts(havn't had time to read the full thing yet) are cool, it'll be intresting to see just how much difference DX9 on XP and DX9 on Vista have. Same with DX9 on both and DX10.

Hmm.

8. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

The nano-suit stuff doesn't sound that amazing. We had all that when Deus Ex came out back in 2000. You could pretty much customise everything including your weapons, ammo and yourself. Then again, I guess that was an RPG but even so, the concept sounds very similar.

9. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

Deus Ex was a RPG and a FPS, and i loved it, then came Deus Ex 2, it was great, but..... did not like it as much as the first.

this game will certainly rock, and i hope vista becomes a good game platform.

10. yahooadam

yahooadam <span style="color:#f00;font-weight:bold">Ultra cs

one has to wonder whether they are hyping this game too much, i mean, if its not perfect, its starting to look like a big flop

perhaps they are setting the bar too high, how can they impress you if the bar is already at the level of the game

11. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

and alien versus predetor rearly did let you play as a predetor :p

12. Cheap Mod Wannabe

Cheap Mod Wannabe What's a Dremel?

In the future, but I don't think at launch time. So far latest Beta does not look that good. But it's just my individual testing. after all.

Hey maybe Bit-Tech could do some similar test run. With more expertise, resources as well as hardware to test on, I believe many people would be interested to see the results.

Edit: oh and sorry for offtopicness

13. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Sounds very impressive... sounds like I'll end up toting my desktop in to school after all. After homework, of course :worried:

14. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Ugh; to be honest, i'd rather they not draw parallels to "the village". I'm not so sure about the rest of you, but i've sort of come to grips with the fact that Sharman's works blow by now :(

15. Aankhen

Aankhen What's a Dremel?

Ahh... want this so bad it hurts.

16. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

Sharman = Shayamalan?
    Now there's someone who suffered from having created his best work (by FAR) - Sixth Sense - too early in his career. Everything since then has been compared, unfavourably, to that magnum opus.

Tags: Add Tags