1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Crysis Minimum Requirements Revealed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 10 Oct 2007.

1. Rebourne

Rebourne What's a Dremel?

I played with minimum specs and an 6800 gt for the beta and found it to be playable and smooth with things on low and a few on medium. It didn't stutter and wasn't buggy to the point it wasn't fun to play so I think people will be fine.

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

You guys mention for recommanded "Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz" But it's also mentioned on their website and several other sourcese the: "Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz \ AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+"

Don't discriminate AMD users!!! :(

3. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Rofl, as if a 4400+ is equal in performance to a C2D at 2.2 - and yeah, hopefully optimal will = able to do 14x9...

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

/me hugs his GTX's

i knew it was worth the extra money :D

5. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

Hrm, looks like anyone who wants to run it in Vista will need to overclock, or downgrade to a P4.

Why is it that game companies still put things in Ghz? It's not like they're any indication of performance any more.

6. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

Well,
    GHz indicates the same thing it always has, its not like it used to represent performance and now it doesn't. The problem is when they lay out a generalized clock speed without specifying a processor, because the clock speed only indicates performance relative to processor in the same family. Its weird that the minimum calls for 2.8GHz at the lowest, but the recommended calls for a C2D at 2.2GHz lol. They should really stay consistent with their identification schemes.

7. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

@Tulatin:
    For Today's games the CPU won't give you much. It's the video card that does the major part of the work. Having a faster CPU will increase your speed but what? 10-15%, nothing major.
    So the AMD Athlon 64 4400+ is correct in the specs.

Last edited: 10 Oct 2007
  8. crayfish

crayfish Amazing scenes!

I bought my new PC back in March with Stalker in mind but it still just squeaks over the recommended spec :D

E6600 2.4GHz
    2GB RAM
    Single 8800GTX

I wonder if my native of 1680x1050 will be possible with all the bells and whistles on.

9. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

still trying to find out if it will be optimized for quad cores, read rumors that it will be but no real information yet

10. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

Quad cores, maybe. Dual cores, I sure hope so! There's bound to be far more market penetration with dual cores than quad cores at the moment if I'm not mistaken

11. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i was expecting more.....

12. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

Was it not said that Crysis performed best under Direct X 10, 64bit, multi core?!

QFT!!, ughh so true!! Then again I guess this is also where Vista's performance index comes in, and games im sure we shall soon see stating it requires a minimum rating of say 3.5 etc.

13. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

as soon as my graphics card comes in, Im good to go ^_^

14. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

I'm quite set for Crysis so it seems, can't wait to give the full game a try. Hopefully it takes less system power then the beta of it does, because that makes me play on mid/low settings if I go for native resolution of my monitor(1280x1024). Although I only had 1GB of ram installed at that point, so it may run higher when I have a full 2GB again.

15. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Half of me was worried that little over a month after upgrading, crysis would need another upgrade.

Though that doesn't give any indication of resolutions, fingers crossed. This game is going to determine whether I get a 24" or not :blush:

16. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

I think the beta will probably get quite a bit better in terms of performance
    ATM the code does seem to bog it down a lot, and if you look in the console there is a tonne of useless logging

17. ezee

ezee What's a Dremel?

I have 1.86 GHz pro
    2.5 GB Ram
    and 8400 GS Video card
    What are the recommendatons for me regarding this game?

18. ezee

ezee What's a Dremel?

Actually Core 2 Duo 1.86 GHz pro

Tags: Add Tags