1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Crysis: new screenshots

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 20 Apr 2006.

1. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

What does the fact that it's just a floating head tell us? notice the neck doesn't connect to anything at the bottom.

It looks very impressive, but like all things, I'll believe it when I can actually play it. Part of me is just as glas HL2 and FEAR aren't this realistic :worried:

2. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

:hehe: I cant breath :hehe: ahhhh ha ha ha ha ha ha

3. Aankhen

Aankhen New Member

The shot of the guy's face looks über-real. As for the rest of it... yes, it is excellent graphics-wise, but there are a few flaws:

Lack of antialiasing. It's beautiful but the jaggies are far too prominent. They ruin the immersion. I'm sure the final game will allow antialiasing as well as HDR lighting, though.

Water. So far, neither tech demo has shown any animated water. Heck, they did it on the X-Box 360, surely they can do something with DirectX 10? And preferably something more believable, not just regular-as-clockwork lines of water in the ocean (if you watch the videos for Far Cry for the 360, you'll see what I mean: they're not ocean waves as much as regular ripples). The white foam they have breaking on the shore in one shot looks really ugly, too.

The shots are probably, as said earlier in the thread, rendered in the engine then polished up; even so, I know I'm going to buy all the hardware necessary to play this game in all its glory, especially on a DX10 graphics card. :D

4. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

looks nice but its a long way from looking amazing. The big head is abviously created just to show off the potential power of the engine, as the other screen shots dont look anywhere near as good. The textures arnt as high in detail as they could be and some of the shadows (look at the planks of wood) are a bit blocky. Not to mentiuon the lack of AA.

I know this sounds like im being picky but this game is not coming out for almost a year and i should think other games will be at this level by then. They still have alot of work to do on it by the look of things. Its good to see graphics improving but by Q1 2007 i would be expecting this kinda thing.

5. Ben

Ben New Member

aw i have some upgrading to do when that comes out.

6. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

When I first saw that floating head for some reason I instantly thought of 'QUEEG' (from Red Dwarf)...

7. Lazarus Dark

Lazarus Dark New Member

dang it.
    *cleans drool out of keyboard*

8. stereophonie

stereophonie New Member

I...... Them....... When...... Amazing........
    * Speechless

9. Orca

Orca New Member

Urgh, like most people said, I probably will have to upgrade too by the time this arrives.

SIGH SOB DROOL regardless lol

10. Splinter000

Splinter000 New Member

QFT

2007 is going to be expensive.

But to those screenies ---) :jawdrop:

11. Zekey

Zekey New Member

Those screenshots look pretty amazing,, makes me wonder if I should hold onto my 6800gt awhile longer instead of jumping on a 7900gt...

12. BobCobb

BobCobb New Member

Hopefully my 7900GTX will still be able to produce a bit of eye candy at reasonable FPS when this comes out. If not, I will be pissed off.

13. Darth Joules

Darth Joules Member

I'd wait until DirectX 10 GPUs start appearing on the market which should be more than capable for this game (if they turn up in time). They say these shot are under DirectX 9, but I'll take that with a big pinch of salt. They're using a tweaked rig, the head shot is a start out render to me, and they've probably got some DirectX 10 support going on somewhere.

Going from a 6800GT to a 7900GT is waste of money IMHO since a 7800GT is better value anyway, but that's besides the point. Whatever "top" GPU you upgrade to now or in 3 months time isn't going to be "top" kit in about 12 months when this game is penned for release....I'm waiting till Xmas.

14. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

liekomg wowzerz!!11oneone

15. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Well.. it probably IS a photo mapped as a texture. It's about time games started using photos as textures tbh.

I was gonna get 7900s, but I definitely think I'll keep my rig as it is and wait for DX10 and Vista.. by which time the whole Conroe/AM2 thing will have sorted itself out too. No point upgrading again when I'm looking at a whole new rig in around 8 months or so.

16. TheColdLord

TheColdLord New Member

As I see it, these graphics are something else......NICE. Lets hope that gameplay will not be sacrificed, in favor of breathtaking graphics. If its a prerendered pic, well in that case congratulations to whoever did it, it couldn't have been easy to make such a detailed image.

I'm confident that even the "old" 7900, will have something to say in that game, maybe not provide that as much candy as some would want. We shall wait and see.

17. BFGunrunner

BFGunrunner New Member

I dout that was done on current DX 9 cards it was probally all prerenderd crap. Dont get me wrong Those were some amazing graphics.

18. TheColdLord

TheColdLord New Member

Well indeed it dosen't seem to be a DX9. In any case it isn't bad design, who knows, maybe they have a beta version of DX10 :hehe: :hehe: . The design of the head is awesome. The selfshadowing is also nice. Even if the head is not captured from the game itself I hope the soldiers and the rest of the pics are.

19. customh

customh conflagration.

The vid is definitly sweet and even me as not much of a gemer wants to play this...

20. LoveJoy

LoveJoy New Member

come to think of it that grahap is insaine if you plan to run it like 1600x1200 res AAx8 ect ect. hope my computer can run that graphs when i buy it

Tags: Add Tags