1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Crysis supports only 1 resolution..

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DarkLord7854, 21 Jul 2008.

1. Smegwarrior

Smegwarrior Fighting the war on smeg

Ah, I thought you were saying the card had HDMI, if not then what I said doesn't apply.

VGA will do more than 720p, I can get 1600 x 1200 from my 8800GTS 320MB using a DVI to VGA adapter, I could get higher than 720p with other video cards that have VGA output.

Does the TV have the older RGBHV input with the 5 x BNC (or RCA) connectors, if it does then you should be able to use a DVI to VGA adapter and a VGA breakout cable that has the VGA connection on one end and 5 x BNC (or RCA) connectors on the other.

2. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Oh sorry, I know VGA does more, I meant the TV input VGA will only do 720p max. It does have the 5x BNC, that's what I mean by HD-component, the blue, green, red (white and red as well for audio) right?

The VGA and Component inputs are on separate inputs though.

Right now it's connected from the card, out the Video connector adapter (the HD component, Blue, Green, Red) and to the TV that way. And it does 1920x1080 and the TV sees it as 1080i but I force a 60Hz refresh rate.

I only have the res problem with Crysis though :S

3. Smegwarrior

No component is different to the VGA/RGBHV.

RGBHV is red green blue horizontal vertical, the last 2 connectors are for the horizontal and vertical alignment signals, also the colour signal coding is different.

No sound is sent through RBGHV, you need the separate red and white RCA connections for audio.

If the problem is only with Crysis then it is a purely a software issue to do with Crysis.

4. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Yea, that's what I was afraid of.. sigh.

Thanks for the help though :)

I've never seen/heard of RGBHV though, is there a difference between HD component and that?

5. Smegwarrior

RGBH/V is the older way of connecting PC monitors before they had the 15 pin connector on each end or the monitor lead permanently attached to the monitor.

It was also used on some old video equipment, mostly the high end equipment like CRT projectors which were capable of resolutions higher than HD even before HDTV became a standard, they had to increase resolution to make fonts readable on large screens (100"+ diagonal) when used with late 1980's early 1990's PC's for business presentations (the start of Powerpoint presentations).

It is still used in CRT projectors though some of them also had component input as well.

RGBH/V and component are completely different, the colour signal is different and if you connect component to RGBH/V you will get at best a grey picture or a green picture or none at all.

The other difference is that RGBH/V has the horizontal and vertical alignment (synch) signals separate whereas component has them combined.

There is also RGBH which has the H and V signals combined, you can use a T connector to send an RGBH/V signal to an RGBH input.

There are other versions where the synch signal is combined on the green or blue or green and blue, this is still not component.

I forgot to add the / to my posts above so they should read as RGBH/V instead of RGBHV.

Tags: