1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Crysis...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BenKxK, 25 Aug 2008.

1. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Just go for headshots. The damage system in the game is really bizarre IMO, it's as if everyone wearing any shirt has on a pair of bulletproof vests - I always found chest shots hideously ineffective.

Re: korean nanosuits - hit 'em with a sleeping dart (only place those things are useful imo) then run over and pump them full of lead while they're down.

2. spectre456

spectre456 New Member

really, i never even thought of that. i just use the shotgun on scatter mode w/cloak.

3. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I was playing through again the other day and gave it a try, ended up working a charm. The darts are too slow (and don't last long enough) for big groups, but if you can scout out those guys from a distance it ends up working pretty well.

4. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

thanks for the nanosuit tip!

i usually use the fire ammo, and bump the full of it. or stealthly go right infront of them, decloak, they'll go to strength mode, and just headshot with sniper rifle.

5. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

I played crysis on hardest settings because of the same reasons as you elephant, because I couldn't take the game seriously if they weren't speaking korean! I'd like to play with the targetting stuff because that looked fun (although it would have given an overwhelming advantage over them!) but I really couldn't bear to listen to them speaking English!

I found the game too easy with stealth mode. I'd just run around with a cloak, uncloak right infront of them, fill their heads with lead, then cloak up again before anyone knew what was going on. One day I'll play again with out cloak mode. that'll make it a real challenge.

6. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Ah well, I pilfered one of the armoured trucks from the roadblock just up the road, then piled it through and sat atop taking the little swines out. Completed the game about a month ago now. The alien bit got a little weird.. sort of reminded me of Prey, the way that it made you forget what was up and down.

Finishing off the final monster was a bit of a damp squib though.

Tags: