1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crystal Blue Fan

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by macroman, 26 Jul 2002.

1. macroman

macroman The One

2. DrPsycho

DrPsycho What's a Dremel?

Personally i dont like this fan at all, in my oppinion if you want a blue led fan get the antec ones as they're waaay cooler.

But as i've just said this is just a personal opinion, so you might as well just give it a shot. The version i bought with the sleeve bearing also doesn't have the speed controll, which removes a big part of the value too i guess..

Now what to choose between the antec and the akasa if you want a blue led fan? In my oppinion definately go with the antec, but if anybody here thinks about this in another way i'd be glad to hear it :)

3. Mat-d-Rat

Mat-d-Rat Drive it to the edge baby

Like the fan, like the speed control, have to agree on those flashing leds though! Would of been better to have direction (solid not flashing) leds pointing into the fan blades to light them up (to an extent).... £9 hmmm too much fo me as it wouldn't ever be seen!!

4. macroman

macroman The One

As should be obvious from the review, from a decorative view I'm not impressed, but the fan as a fan is not bad. Especially if you are planning a rheo baybus. If you don't want the speed control then there are better fans for the money.

If you want decorative then look elsewere such as the Antec.:eeek:

5. DrPsycho

DrPsycho What's a Dremel?

but the thing is my akasa doesn't have the speed controll! :D

so i can't even use that, otherwse it's true it might have been more handy than it actually is to me

6. zeroboo

zeroboo What's a Dremel?

the flashing leds give me a headache and make me feel dizzy when playing jedi outcast.

to make things worst, i have 2 of the flashing ...........:eyebrow:

7. Frichsness

Frichsness What's a Dremel?

Personaly i like the antec better since it's VERY easy to replace the blue LED's with other LED's like red or even remove them if you don't like light

and i'm using a fanbus sytem to control the speed of my fans anyways

ps. if you play a bit with your antec fans you can have them light up at full power even thou your fan is running at half speed

8. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Ive had both Akasa and Antec Blue Fans. The Akasa flashing ones just do my head in!
    They look lame and as zeroboo said they give you a headache. The antec fans are much nicer and i love 'em.

Frichsness tell us how you keep the leds running bright with the fan at a lower power, mine just dim down :sigh:

Tags: Add Tags