1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows CS:GO With 360 Controller?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gunnzie, 6 Aug 2013.

1. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

I'm afraid I can't take credit for this ...in any way. :)

2. Igniseus

Igniseus What's a Dremel?

I've played PC games since the original Doom, Quake, Half-Life etc and have always been pretty good at FPS games, often coming 1st or in top 5 at least in most games (public matches).

Having said that, I've developed bad RSI (probably as a result of my heavy gaming in my youth) so now use a controller for 90%+ of my gaming. This includes FPS games such as CS:GO, Battlefield 3 and more. And you know what, after getting plenty of practice over the past few years I am now able to compete quite well, so much in fact that i've managed to come 1st a few times in CS:GO!

While I won't argue which is better suited as a mouse clearly is, you cant just disregard a controller as useless. You may have tried yourself, but if you comparing 15 years of mouse practice with your comparatively minimal use of a controller in an FPS your obviously going to be far worse, it takes time and practice. You weren't a pro with a mouse when got your first PC FPS!

Hamfunk likes this.
  3. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

Yup, I have started to lose my resentment and hostility about consoles and other people's choices. Perhaps for me it began after seeing so much hate from android users whenever some tech site posted news about the iphone. I think now that we should be able to make our choices without being told we're wrong. You obviously have good reason for using a controller these days. I personally would love to see some new type of controller that brought some kind of unity to console and PC and yet was better than cumbersome mouse & keys.