1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows (CSS) How to set up local server with lots of bots?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by rainbowbridge, 14 Sep 2009.

1. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Well-Known Member

I find it difficult to play css online so would like to setup a local server with say 12 bots 5ct 6t, I have tried to do it in the obvious options but all that happens is one bot will appear on my side only.

Any links to guides or short tips for this would be appericated.

thank you

2. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

3. tripwired

tripwired Deploying Surprise in 3... 2...1...

Hi Rainbow,

There's some useful information available here.

You need to start a local game, then type in commands using the console - accessible by pressing the ` key (above Tab).

If your Console doesn't appear when you press the ` key, you need to enable it by going to Options > Keyboard > Advanced > and ticking the "Enable developer console" box.

Bear in mind your system will be under a heavier load than when playing online as your machine will be doing the work for the extra bots, you may find a limit with how many you can add before things slow down too much.

Have fun!

4. October

October Mariachi Style

It's all there in the start server options, just set how many bots you want and set them to join after human players (you). I personally like having pistol only rounds with about 25 or so, muchos funtimes =D