1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Custom Build recommendations

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ZxH800, 6 May 2011.

1. ZxH800

ZxH800 What's a Dremel?

Budget:£350
    Main uses of intended build: Gaming
    Parts required: Everything other than a graphics card (I have a new 5850 lying around), RAM and monitor
    Previous build information (list details of parts): E4500 2.2Ghz, Palit 9600GT 512mb, 160GB WD and 2GB Ram. However, I plan on selling this PC as opposed to scavenging parts from it.
    Monitor resolution:1440x900
    Storage requirements: 500GB to 1TB
    Will you be overclocking: Ideally, I'd want a Sandy Bridge build (which blows the Phenom's out the water for gaming) so I guess an i5 2500k would not fall in my budget. Overclocking is still an option for a future upgrade though.
    Any motherboard requirements (no. of USB, Xfire/SLI, fan headers): USB 3.0 would be nice, and future xfire/SLI capability if a capable PSU can be fitted into the budget.
    Extra information about desired system:
    As I said before, I'd want Sandy Bridge unless the Bulldozer CPUs coming up are any good. I'd be looking to build the PC in late June/July. Also, at a push you can exclude the DVD-Drive from the budget as I can buy that earlier than June and spend £350 on the rest of the components in June. I also have free delivery @ scan so delivery need not be factored (same for Scansure. It need not be factored into the budget). Anyway thanks for your time!

Last edited: 7 May 2011