1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Custom Case paint Jobs?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by kiltman, 23 Aug 2003.

1. kiltman

kiltman Victory is Mine!!

Hey, i'm wondering if anyone knows where you can get custom paint jobs done on your case, i'm not very good at this type of thing so i'd prefer to get someone who can actually do it
    Thanks

2. kevbarlas

kevbarlas What's a Dremel?

im sure your local auto spray place would do it.

3. kiltman

i'm looking to create a guns n roses theme'd case, dunno if they would be able to do the detail required in some of the logo's i wanted

4. EnderG60

EnderG60 What's a Dremel?

you can do 2 things then..take it to a place that does airbrushing( $$$$$$$$$$$$$$)

or you can get it painted the color you want, put some decals on it then have it clear coated

5. kiltman

ahh my ex gf was a pretty good artist and was pretty good at airbrushing, well guess i'll have to pay the ££££££££ shes a ex now lol

6. Pflumingo

Pflumingo givem the bird.

Either that or bite the bullet and suck up/apologize/nose back in... Maybe you can get a free paint job AND a little sumthin-sumthin..
    :hehe:

7. kiltman

could ask the current gf if thats ok? she'll be like this with my head :wallbash:

i'll have a look around the local yellow pages and see whats to offer there :)

8. Pflumingo

Pflumingo givem the bird.

Tell her she can join in too!!! (Never know till ya try!)

Na... Ex's are bad business... Even talking to them can get you into a heap with your current love interest.

What about www.exoticpc.com... They will to custom paintjobs...

(hang on, I don't think that site is up any more, anyone know?)

9. kiltman

the site is up, they have merged with colorcase.com and ur right bout ex's cause too much crap getting involved again with them.

actually need someone in the uk too, states is a little far to send a case if it wasnt id be sending it to www.airbrushguy.com, his works good

10. Guest-2808

Guest-2808 Guest

Try your local university or art college. The students are always looking for projects, which often involve doing some work for a "client". Usually you don't pay them which is always a bonus :D

MoJo

11. cellis4766

cellis4766 What's a Dremel?

Many t-shirt shops also do airbrushing. But, the ones that I have seen around here not only airbrush t-shirts but they do bike and motorcycle helmets and other stuff, so a PC Panel shouldn't be too much of a stretch. May want to look at those.

Also many bike shops (Harley Davidson etc...) have an 'in' to airbrushing sources. But this is $$$ (..."can you say cha-ching???")

12. Tribal Dragon

Tribal Dragon Insomniac modder!

airbrush isn't THAT expensive if you consider what you get in the end... sure it,s big bucks out of your pockets but definitly looks better than a sticker or decals and more durable too.

OR

you could buy a good airbrush, a compressor and some paints then practice a while on models and do it yourself! If you have little skills in drawings, you'll be fine with the airbrush :D
    (actually I write this as a joke since it's hard to do a great job with an airbrush and would be as expensive as get the job done by a pro... plus there's no chance to screw everything up if done by a pro :D)