1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Cyberpunk 2077 Trauma Team

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Yargen, 1 Aug 2020 at 20:51.

1. Yargen

Yargen New Member

[​IMG]

Welcome to my new (and first international :) Worklog.
    My Name is Aaron, I am a 34 year old German Casemodding Enthusiast and this is my latest Casemod Project.
    The Casemod is oriented on the Trauma Team of the upcoming Game Cyberpunk 2077.

I am being supported by be quiet! and Crucial, for which I am very grateful :thumb:

The stilistic Idea behind the Casemod is, that it is being designed after the Trauma Team Helmet on the outside and is being oriented on the Color Scheme of the Trauma Team on the Inside.

The Trauma Team itself in the world of Cyberpunk is a Combat Medical Unit which offers Insurances for the wealthy. They guarantee that they will arrive within three minutes of the distress beacon inside the customer going off and they will do anything to get to the client. You just have to pay for the ammo ;)

The start was, of course, unboxing the hardware:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then I disassembled the Dark Base 700 Pro to see where all the nuts and screws are set:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I got to work by cutting a hole into the Top:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After the cutting was done with my trusted Dremel :dremel: I set to work on the Edges and engraved some "wires" into the Top:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After the Top was handled I set to design the Front:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

After I did the Design in Inkscape I printed it out in the wanted size, drew the pieces on some Plexiglass and started cutting:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then I gave all the edges a nice bevel and sanded it all smooth and silky :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Idea was, that I wanted to use the lighting of the Case itself, so I disassembled the original front plate, cut a Trauma Team Logo sized Hole in it and filled it out with LED Foam which I had lying around from my first steps into Cosplay ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Afterwards I masked the logo where I wanted it to shine through and sprayed the Plexiglas.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Luckily my measurements worked out fine, so I got to see the exact cutout from above:
    [​IMG]

When I was finished with the front I got back to the Top since the colour scheme became clearer to me:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately there were some minor spray accidents which I tried to hide as good as I could with paint, but otherwise it turned out pretty well.

The only thing that was missing for a nice top was...well, half the Top since I made a fine hole in it :dremel:
    So I set out to get a mirror effect for the Plexiglas because I thought it would look great...but the first try was a total desaster:

[​IMG]

The paint stuck to good to the vinyl and got pulled off by me when I tried to take the vinyl off. So I kind of worked around the problem, bought new, yellow vinyl and decided to just leave it on the next plexiglass cover:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After the Top it was "just" the Side Panel left...Well...I had this crazy idea to design my own little camouflage and spraypaint it onto the side panel. :idea: So, since I really like M.C. Escher I decided to lean heavily into is Art and designed my own little M.C. Escher Camouflage:

[​IMG]

Took a while, but I was pretty optimistic for the paintjob...
    I tried to use my trusted Silhouette Portrait 2 to cut out the stencils and tried to arrange it overlapping:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It worked, but I underestimated the work that was needed to make a four color Paint Job...:duh:

So I set out again, printed the scheme in real life size, marked every color, cut it out by hand, arranged the neat little puzzle of around 240 pieces (no, I don´t know, I didn´t count ;)), and set out to spray:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Yargen

Yargen New Member

Took me only two weeks to get there....:rollingeyes:

[​IMG]

But, hey, after that the outside was mostly finished, so it was time for the first "glam shots" [​IMG]:clap:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I´ll update tomorrow for the interior modding as well as some worklog editing, but I´m getting errors...Until then, keep modding [​IMG]:dremel:

Last edited: 1 Aug 2020 at 21:01
    4LIEN and ivory2k19 like this.
  3. Yargen

Yargen New Member

As promised the next Part:

Building the Interior

When I set to build the interior design it became clear to me that I wanted to use metal as my material to go. First off I set out to design a new PSU shroud:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For the color scheme I oriented myself on the Trauma Team VTOL:

[​IMG]

Which translated to painting the metal cover like this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After the PSU Cover was done, the next step was to design and produce a side cover for the backside. Originally I wanted to use the same color scheme and the slogan "Where´s Johnny" which I backlit from behind with UV blacklight:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was pretty happy with the result and planned to use it, but...well you´ll see later...

As I wanted the design to be as coherent as possible I set to rework the PSU shroud:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

With the shrouds done (or at least I thought they were), the next step was to sleeve the cables: For the sleeves I used the MDPC-X Sleeves since I found them great in the last projects I worked on. Since then MDPC-X got a new product in their sortiment: Transparent Heatshrink :clap: It really blew my mind how much easier it is to use transparent heatshrink if you´re going for the sleeveless cablesleeve look. You just melt the sleeve whilst you are looking through the shrink and after about 10 seconds you remove the shrink and the cable ist just perfect :naughty: (or at least I think it is ;) )
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When I was done with the PSU I installed the hardware and got to see the system coming together for the first time:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Yargen

Yargen New Member

But...where is the back cover?

Yeah, when I installed the hardware I got to realize that I made the cover too big :duh:
    So instead of slicing it down (which would have damaged my paintjob anyway), i decided to just redo it...but this time a bit different :rollingeyes:

It came to my mind that not everyone had the design of the Trauma Team helmet in his mind like I had, so I thought: "Hey, wouldn´t it be nice to see the helmet somewhere ?" ;)
    First I needed a good Image of the helmet and I was lucky since the "Trauma Team" Comic Series from Dark Horse got announced a few weeks earlier:

[​IMG]

As I really loved the design of Miguel Valderrama, I chose to use it as my template:
    I set out in Inkscape again and drew the helmet based on the design with a few changes here and there:

[​IMG]

Afterwards I used the template for my stencils and sprayed it on a metal plate (albeit a smaller one this time ;) )
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Since I really liked the idea of a flashlight on the side of the helmet, I decided to illuminate the flashlight:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dot_Kappa and ivory2k19 like this.
  5. 4LIEN

4LIEN Active Member

Good work, i like the color scheme!

Yargen likes this.