1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Chicken76, 13 Mar 2013.

1. pete*

pete* Something witty here.

Think I did a booboo ordering months ago from TheGameCollection :waah:
    Site says 'digital download' - i've received nothing so far. Order marked as 'despatched'.

Don't tell me they ship a damn code, idiots.
    Not noticed lots of bad reviews recently of the store. Ughh.

2. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  3. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Using the latest day 1 drivers for CP, the Nvidia GeForce experience recommended a mix of High and Ultra settings, with RT On, RT shadows On, RT reflections and lighting Off and DLSS set to balanced for me @ 1440p and I was getting a stable 70FPS in the Nomad starting area and in the first trauma team mission.

However, now I'm in Night City proper, the FPS is all over the shot, I have seen it dip into the 30's in some scenes, although I have yet to tweak any settings to see if I can improve it without tanking the visual. Unfortunately my play session was cut short by a BSOD (KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED) - although I have had this a couple of times in other games recently so it's not a CP Issue specifically.

Performance aside, so far, I like what I have played.

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

no idea what my fps is like but it runs like a dream here, everything on silly settings with the DLSS cranked to ultra quality.

5. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Sounds good. What resolution are you running? I'm at 3440 x 1440 and have everything on ultra, DLSS on performance though and it is smooth albeit depending on g sync at times.

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

only 1920x1200 (they can pry my 16:10 from my cold dead hands) but the DLSS set to max quality more than makes up for the resolution.

7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Does anyone know if there's a "holster weapon" button?

I keep accidentally throwing grenades into crowds, and can't see an option to put guns/swords away.

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  8. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Have you tried a higher resolution? I don't think I'd go back to 1200p after experiencing HDR/ultrawide, not sure how DLSS would make up for it.

Likewise. Edit:-

"Press and hold your Draw Weapon button (Alt on PC, Y on Xbox, Triangle on PlayStation) to bring up the weapon wheel. Move the cursor to the right, towards the icon of the gun with a line through it. If you select that, you'll holster the weapon." - gosunoob

Bloody_Pete and liratheal like this.
  9. oscy

oscy Modder

I got mine from them yesterday! They posted it 2 days before release and tracked, so after that it's in the hands of Royal Mail. Mine left Swansea and was at my nearby cemtre in hours, arrived at my depot and door in less than 24 hours.

TGC are usually the cheapest and fastest. Even when mine came late I could buy a copy same day from Argos and they'd refund theirs and pay any extra.

10. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

On keyboard - double tap "alt" is working fine.

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  11. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Got a couple of hours in this morning before work meetings after pre-loading last night. Just played through the into and first mission, then training.

Playing on Ultra at 1080p with 144hz monitor. Smooth as butter with GSYNC and ray tracing on my 2080ti. CPU usage is high too (70-80% on a stock i9-9900KF) so my whole PC is getting a good workout.

Trilby, Katana and Bomber jacket is the height of street cool!

Pulling someone out the water bath was pretty harrowing, water effects on their skin is awesome and commentary on ice clinking on a glass was insightful.

Looking forward to tonight.

Last edited: 10 Dec 2020
  12. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Yeah its not clear, although it does mention it in the car driving sequence.

Edit: on my GTX1080 it runs beautifully on medium at 1440, I haven't tried turning the dails up, I'll probably wait till I can get my handss on a RTX3080! This game really makes me want a HDR display though, so maybe thats where my christmas bonus is going... :p

VictorianBloke likes this.
  13. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yeah, it's god damned pretty. Holy cow.

And I can confirm it runs fine. 50-70 FPS 1440p maxed out with motion blur disabled. I have not gone for the stupid settings above ultra, mind. I even enabled HDR on my monitor for the first time.

Oh and bewbs ! and fanny tastic !

Last edited: 10 Dec 2020
  14. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Honestly blown away. I keep staring at the neon signs and reflections in awe.

I'm running a 5600x and RTX 3070. At 3440 x 1440 I'm seeing 30s with ultra+ and DLSS on quality during busy scenes.

On balanced or performance DLSS, things are a much smoother 40s or 50s respectively while not sacrificing too much candy.

A 3080 is required at this resolution for everything on silly.

Goatee and Bloody_Pete like this.
  15. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

I like how the conversation based "gender" (he/she) is tied to the voice, not the physical attributes. Seems like a good was of handling this subject.

16. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I almost gave my lady a willy, just to surprise any one if there are any sex scenes :D

Then I realised I could give her a heart shaped muff. So I did that.

It's nice to finally see some truly grown up games.

Goatee likes this.
  17. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

Good to know. I'm plenty happy if that card can hold 1440p medium. I was holding off buying for a few post release performance reviews and bug fixes.

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  18. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Yeah, I thought my 1080Ti might hold it back but am having second thoughts now.

19. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Yeah, I was really surprised how well it handles it and looks! The textures are a bit less defined, but it still looks beautiful!

20. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

shameless pimping I know but if you really want complete mastery of 2077 I cannot recommend the piggyback guide for it enough, I've got piggy backs for MGSV and MGR and they are like Bibles; 500 pages literally covering everything and I mean ****ing everything in borderline anal detail. pretty cheap too but pains in the ass to get once they go out of print. the MGR one is like gold dust these days.

2077 Piggyback

Almightyrastus likes this.