1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding D33P Thought by A Souter

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 12 Jun 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

Congrats for making it to the front page mate and it is well deserved. This is a fantastic build and as mentioned in the log one of my all time favorites :D

3. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Well done with your scratch build. And congratulations for getting on the front page.

The thing that stood out for me was on the home page. You mentioned you thought posting in the bit-tech forum was daunting and you did not know if it would be well recieved. Could I ask why?

4. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

Love it mate, top piece of kit.

5. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

The video at the bottom of page 5 just blew me away the first time I watched it!

6. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Congrats Andy. Thoroughly deserved praise for an awesome build :thumb:

7. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

That's a truly remarkable piece of work, congratulations you deserve it.

8. Necrow

Necrow Minimodder

This is an awesome build, however there will need to be regular cleaning to keep it in that pristine condition as it looks like a bit of a dust magnet, Very inspiring work and vision, well done fella.

9. Asouter

Asouter --------

Thanks Warren, to answer your question about finding it daunting... It's the first project log that i'd kept or shared. Also I'd not been a member of Bit Tech and didn't have a feel for what the community was all about. The last thing I needed was to get a troll slating my build, but having said that the rewards far outway any negative comments that I might/ might not of had. The suggestions were a big help and I'd like to thank everyone who contributed.

10. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:D Love the first line in the article. :rock:
    Such a gigantic range of experience from all types of areas of industry, art & just raw enthusiasm & often a mix of all those things. :D
    It's like some kind of landing area in a sci-fi spaceship. :D

I love how he made the layout for this just so perfect while being a massive slab of eye candy, I like modders who strive for unique & even more when they strive to make it excellent & all with easily available tools, the effort put in resembles that of expertly cut but at a million times the effort, it's not a knuckle head thing that but it does make you the creator like it all the more knowing how much effort it took to do, a drag to do at some points for sure but afterwards is very satisfying. :D

Had the same feeling of not liking it as much as I should after Stealthlow but a while later after recovering from making it happen yeah it kicks in how good it is.

Seeing it turn from the star troll fairy's absolutely undeserving 2 star to the 5 it totally deserves was nice, bet I've been scored a few 1 stars due to saying what I think sometimes. :hehe:

Awesome article, made me lol a few times reading it :D & very glad you did decide to post here Andy. :D:clap:

I never watched or read anything on hitch hikers guide but will do because it looks excellent, missed out on that one while growing up, don't know how because it looks awesome. :eeek::duh: That babel fish video. :hehe::D

Well done mate. :clap:

Last edited: 12 Jun 2012
  11. John_T

John_T Minimodder

I don't usually like the acrylic mods by default (so usually keep my opinions to myself on them) - I tend to think that, however much work I can see has gone into them, they still look a bit cheap and tacky. It's not so much the designs, just the material itself - a 'poor man's glass' so to speak. But this? Wow. It's pretty. Not just 'less ugly', but actually, genuinely, properly pretty.

I love it!

I may have to reassess my opinion of the medium...

12. mrbens

mrbens What's a Dremel?

LOVE it :D

13. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

I can think of 42 reasons why I like this build. Great work!

I'm off to bed, so long and thanks for all the mods ;)

14. misterd77

misterd77 What's a Dremel?

an excellent demonstration of one mans abilities and sheer determination, the amount of work that went into this build is something else, it defo has the WOW factor, and, in my opinion, one of the finest scratch builds bit tech has ever seen, the lighting scheme is very cool, and the detail is spot on, just one thing, I would have loved it if that robot had a few phrases to belt out now and again.....anyways, congrats, and your a credit to the whole scene, now, get building its nemesis, the computer that answered the question, with the answer..."42"

15. Redd13

Redd13 What's a Dremel?

Love the work, it looks amazing and has inspired some changes in my designs...
    Oh and for next time (and anyone else)
    I found a great company called Acrylux.co.uk that can laser cut acrylic pieces...
    keep up the great work!

16. Asouter

Asouter --------

Always the best compliment to get, I'm chuffed that D33P THOUGHT inspired someone else. Looking forward to seeing your build.

Thanks for all the comments, there's been a lot of replying to do on You-Tube, back on the project log and here on this article.

@Wayne I share your efforts, I know what it like and your build is probably the one I can most relate too, yes I'm still following it.

@ John T, acrylic cases are quite rare nowadays, I'm hoping the build will make peeps re-evaluate how plexi can be used. Thanks for the compliment.

@Necrow Yes it is a dust magnet indeed, but these builds are a labour of love, so far it's not been to bad but I know it will need major cleaning, I'm hoping to get away with six monthly cleans.

and for everyone else, a big thanks for the support and I'll be seeing you soon with another scratch build
    Asouter

Tags: Add Tags