1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Danamics LMX Superleggera Cooler Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 14 May 2010.

1. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

Oh, so they've filled it with NaK, eh. Yes, that's nuclear reactor coolant. I hope nobody ever breaches one of these, because in the presence of even trace quantities of water you will have a flammable metal fire on your hands.

2. TSR2

TSR2 What's a Dremel?

So liquid metal's good for a nuclear reactor, bad for CPU's. Just a question, is your test rig flat onto a bench? If its vertical, perhaps the cooler's massive weight would pull it somewhat off the CPU? Or perhaps I am just seeing faces in smoke.

3. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

A relevent point^, but you have to concider that 99.9% of people have a vertical mobo in their PC, so assuming it was mounted correctly with the fittings in the test rig, those are the results that normal users would see too more or less.

I wanna see some peltier cooling setups....

4. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Do it again, only with direct touch heatpipes (not only are they not touching, but there is a ridiculous amount of material between the chip and the pipes. They didn't even try and make it thin!), and I would be very interested in a review...

5. Chocobollz

Chocobollz What's a Dremel?

Danamics LMX Superlagger? Ok, that's something new! X-)

6. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

Gotta love their sarcasm though, superleggera meaning "superlight" while their cooler is 1.1kg. They must have been thinking your pockets are going to be superlight after buying this cooler.

7. Cyberpower-UK

Cyberpower-UK Professional Overclocker

Maybe that's why they didn't rick doing core contact.

Tags: Add Tags