1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dang, been outta the game so long haha, Whats new?

Discussion in 'General' started by DarkCreep, 12 Aug 2008.

1. DarkCreep

DarkCreep What's a Dremel?

Whats up guys?!?
    I havent been on here or any computer forum in ages. I started modding back in like 2003, it all started with the pruchase of one red 80MM LED fan. Ever since that hundreds of dollars went into my computers. I then got a girlfriend and I got a car. Little by little I stopped tinkering with my computers. I still use it a lot, but I stopped cutting windows, playings games, adding LED's etc.

The PC in my sig, I still own but its not working and I havent had time to fix it. Work 36 hours a week, school, girlfriend and friends take up my time. I sell Computer components at Fry's Electronics, so all I know is what is there. We dont sell LianLi or LanGamer boards.

Anyways, my question is, anything interesting happen lately?? Any mergers? And bankruptcy's?? Anything at all!?
    I want to start catching up on this. I dont even know what the latest graphics card is. Last I remember was the X800XT or something.

My current computer is a
    AMD 64 4000+ @2.6GHz w/ Zalman CNPS7000Cu?
    nVidia 6600GT 512MB
    Generic Motherboard
    Patriot Signature DDR2800MHz 4096MB

Its a Compaq. I got it for $300 with a widescreen 21" LCD. All I added was the RAM and video card.

2. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I believe ATI bought AMD out, or it could be reversed.

3. Arkanrais

Arkanrais What's a Dremel?

well, for starters, AMD now own ATI and intel CPU's are king of the hill for price/performance and overclocking. nVidia own the crown for highest graphics card performance but ATi's GFX cards have the best performance for their price range.

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Apple has gone from Motorola to Intel (the hussy). Jesus came back to Earth as the iPhone. Physx made in-game physics more realistic (translation: made the boobs on the female characters in Soul Calibur IV bounce more realistically). nVidia bought Physx and now makes GPUs that will burn a hole in your desk as well as your wallet. But the boobs bounce really realistically now.

Speaking of which: Lara Croft is still around. Improved graphics and faster polygon rendering mean that her breasts are less pointy, but possibly even bigger. I don't know if they bounce realistically.

Core is the new Pentium. Core Duo is the new SMP. DDR3 is the new DDR2. SLI is the new, well, SLI.

Vista is the new XP. Leopard is the new Tiger. Linux is the same old Linux. DOS is for real men.

Apple owns the MP3 market. Google owns the world. Microsoft owns you. You should have read that licence agreement more closely.

The world economy broke and took Vadim with it. PC World is still trading. What can I say? It's an unfair world.

Jack Thompson got de-barred. What can I say? Even an unfair world has its moments.

Ubisoft recruits kids into the army (not really). Capcom is racist (not really). Duke Nukem Forever is still in development (not really).

Last edited: 12 Aug 2008
  5. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

You had a good boob thing going for a while and then you lost it.. right when you lost it was when interest in rest of post faded... :p

6. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

You forgot the AMD Phenoms ....which make boobs bounce slightly slower than the Intel Quad Cores?

7. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

Relix took over the underworld and possessed many avatars, and Cheesecake is the new three letter buzzword.

8. Nexxo

Oh, and Relix is god, and ComputerKing is his prophet.

9. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

CK returned from banishment, but that does not neccessarily make him a prophet!

10. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

EA, wants to buy out Take2, so they can have GTA all to themselves.
    Take2 have rejected a number of times, EA continues to try and overthrow google for world domination.

11. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

He propheted from the experience.

:D :blush: :p

12. Nexxo

Yeah, every prophet has his wilderness years in the desert...

13. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Meh. So what am I?

14. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

You IS spam. :D

15. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I thought that was Doug?

16. dragon2309

dragon2309 techie

Weak wristed...?

17. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

This thread is making me lol.

Don't forget -

You can now get 2 processors on a board, and three graphics cards. Water cooling is now in everyone's computer, ebuyer pwns scan, bit-tech pwns anandtech and we still have a continuous love for cheesecake which succeeded cookies as the food of god. Asus and gigabyte continue to make reliable and well functioning parts whereas new companies like BGF, Zotac and PNY like to overclock like crazy before they sell it to you. You still need to sell your wife to be able to afford the best gaming parts, Soul Calibur holds the trophy for the best breasts yet - at least until the next DOA or Tekken, linux is now actually usable - even by your grandma and console wars continue to rage on.

Meanwhile on here:
    Nexxo recently had a sex change (not really), RTT put down his ban hammer (not really) and Mankz. still masturbates 5 times a day (Yes, he really does :p)

18. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Lies, Scan rocks. Free delivery is awesome.

19. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

Didn't the 4870x2 just pwn the GTX280? Or are we not counting it cos its really two cards stuck together? :D

In other news:-
    Laptops are beating desktops in sales.
    Linux is fast becoming much more n00b friendly.
    64-bit is the way to go.
    Vista was released to replace XP but many dislike it with a passion.
    'Nettops' are taking over the world.
    As are miniature robotic creations.
    HDDs are now massive and really cheap.
    SSD HDDs are set to take over as soon as the price drops.

Ummm, That's all I can think of, the thought of bouncing boobs is filling my mind now... :)

Oh, and it just started p*ssing down rain in Aberdeen :D

20. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

Yes, but who, I ask, can sell you a jigsaw for £5?.

Really? Its been rather on and off around here today...