1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling dangerden barb/space question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SeT, 22 Sep 2004.

1. SeT

SeT What's a Dremel?

I'm considering ditching my Polarflo blocks for Dangerden stuff. Just one question really - how close together are the barbs on their blocks(tdx, maze4gpu/chip?) I like how my Polarflo blocks look and perform but the lack of space drives me nuts. I can barely fit tygon onto the barbs they're so close together.

2. Simonsnet

Simonsnet What's a Dremel?

nah, tis ok. I have 1/2" tubing and DD blocks and it wasn't difficult to get on. Bit of a nightmare to get the plastic thingies off that hold the tubing on, but the idea is not to do that I suppose.

3. SeT

SeT What's a Dremel?

the plastic hose clamps? ehh, that's ok. I don't use those anyway. I usually use some metal clamps that I got at a hardware store but even they won't fit with 1/2" tubing. Can barely even force zip ties through in the space left. Nothing fits through on the gpu/chipset blocks.

4. OneMadPoptart

OneMadPoptart What's a Dremel?

I have a DD RBX, Maze4 GPU, and Zchip NB block with thickwall Tygon 1/2'' ID tubing, and they all fit very well. I also use metal hardware store hoseclamps and although they were a tight fit, they did fit quite easilly once I got them in the right orientation.

If I can get all 3 tubes with hoseclams onto an RBX, then you should be able to get tubing on a TDX which has wider spacing.

-OMP

5. Penrhos

Penrhos What's a Dremel?

Just got a tdx cpu block and theres just enough space to fit those plastic clamps on tygon (they actually touch)

6. ICDragon

ICDragon What's a Dremel?

just out of curiousity why are you ditching the polarflo stuff? is it the TT or the older ones? from what I hear polarflo is right up there with DD, I really don't see a reason to switch...

7. SeT

SeT What's a Dremel?

I've got the older series of blocks. I'm wanting to get something that's easier to work with. I really like how the blocks have performed but don't like spending an hour or so getting the hoses over their barbs...

8. kbn

kbn What's a Dremel?

I wont have that problem :dremel: (click) :dremel:

One is spare if your interested - pm for details.

Tags: