1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Danner Mag 9.5 (Mounting)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Krostillian, 25 Feb 2004.

1. Krostillian

Krostillian What's a Dremel?

Has anyone ever mounted one of these pumps in their case? There are no mounting holes or brackets. The power cord exits through what is traditionally the bottom of the pump. Any tips on this one would be appreciated.

2. Krostillian

Oh, well .... I guess it's time to butcher some plexi and get out the cement :grr:

3. Fubar

Fubar What's a Dremel?

950gph :0 i hope you have some serious rads man cause that will but out a crap load of heat

4. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

ohh can you gimme the dimensions on those? I've been thinking of a replacement pump for my borked via aqua 1300. They look really solidly built as far as mounting you might wanna try this question in the extreme cooling section or yah epox on your own mounting bracket

5. Krostillian

The first few tests show that the Mag 9.5 runs about 10c hotter than the Eheim 1250 ... I'm rremoving the rad from the case and adding about 60cfm to the case flow. That should about cover it.

6. Krostillian

6" X 3.5" X 4" ... It's a good solid pump if you need that much flow. I'm splitting the flow three ways so, this one does the trick nicely. :thumb:

7. Fubar

Fubar What's a Dremel?

i cant see adding 60cfm to the case will do much for your temps as the rad wont be in there... you do at least have a 120.2 rad right? also out of curiosity if it is 10c hotter than the 1250 why are you getting it?

8. Krostillian

Well, the extra cfm in the case will definitely be a plus as the hotter running pump is located therein. The radiator is currently a 120.3 (Although I'm considering splitting that to 3 x 120.1 for flow purposes.) The Mag 9.5 over the 1250 is quite simple ... 950gph vs. 320gph. Having a three-way split out of the pump cuts the individual flaw rates to a less than desirable level for the 1250. :thumb:

9. ndtinker

ndtinker Car Washoholic

Mine wasn't that massive (a 350), but you can still mount your pump like I did mine. Go to your local hardware or craft store and get some big strips of industrial-strength Velcro. Stick a peice to the pump and the other to the floor of your case. It also acts as a padding and reduces vibration. You'll still be able to remove the pump if you need to, and it won't go anywhere, even if you turn the case on its side or upside down.

10. Krostillian

I thought about that but the power cord exits from the bottom of the pump (At least in traditional orientaion.) I would need about 3/4" of spacer to make a solid connection with the velcro.

11. ndtinker

ndtinker Car Washoholic

That could still work if you found or made a box that would still allow the cord to exit normally and attach that box to the pump, then the box to the case. It might raise it up a bit but would still be functional.