1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Dark Blade by G69T

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by G69T, 30 Nov 2004.

1. praetor coda

praetor coda What's a Dremel?

I know how you did it..., I was asking about the cutting bit. I just assumed, from the angle of the picture, that you were using a standard flat ended bit utilizing some improvised technical know-how

2. Liquid

Liquid What's a Dremel?

impressive staff...

what´s the name of that software you have... drawing stuffs for your projects... beautifull :rock: :rock:

:thumb:

ps: have some question for you :D

3. Starbuck3733T

Starbuck3733T Look out sugar, here it comes

Good lord! it's very pretty.

One Q for you, and a real pet peave of mine w\ a LOT of mods (including my own...) You do all this lovely work on a chassis or creating one from scratch and you're still stuck with this butt-ugly ATX IO shield. My next creation won't have this darn thing, the board will sit inside the case and I'll do breakout cables. I just can't stand looking at the plain old shiny ATX IO shield... ick. Or the standard ATX IO layout, for those who have taken the time :)clap:) to create their own IO cutouts!

4. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

It's because every mobo is unique (pretty much) in it's layout. By leaving that space blank you allow for future upgradablillity. I'm pretty G69T will be remanufacturing that plate out of alluminium to replace the crappy tinplate one.

5. dullonien

dullonien Master of the unfinished.

I only found this thread today, there should be a permanent link on the main page of the modding section. The attention to detail of this case is utterly flawless, mayb not completely my taste, but i can't help but be amazed with everything you have done.

Well that's a whole morning of work wasted reading through this thread, think i managed to get about 5 min of designing done (architecture) boss will be happy!!

Can't wait for next update, bring it on...............

6. ToastSAVY

ToastSAVY What's a Dremel?

Fantastic work CNC GOD!!!! I've joined the forum having followed a link to the thread and spent the day reading the whole thing. :baby: :thumb: :clap:

It's been a long while since I was in the modding mood having grown bored of the stock window cutting, light fixing, cable tidying... jobs that form the majority of modding, but your project has really given me inspiration. Keep up the goodness!!!

One question... with so many bit of metal screwed together is there any likelihood of vibration noise? Are you employing rubber gromits to keep vibration to a minimum or perhaps precision milling / tooling minimises vibration anyway?

:thumb: :thumb:

Toasty

7. dream caster

dream caster just lurking from out there

I agree with Starbuck3733T and Constructacon; to me the ATX IO shield breaks the style of the case.

8. leviathan18

leviathan18 What's a Dremel?

yeah you should make a cover for that part of the case.....

9. hobogoblin

hobogoblin What's a Dremel?

Unblievable craftsmenship,Seariously amazing man.

10. G69T

G69T CNC Modder

Thanks to all! ;)

Nice CNC work. ;)

I use a specific Italian cad-cam software for my cnc milling machine. I sent you an private message about their name. ;)

I have used a standard flat ended bit for the columns working. ;)

[​IMG]
    Z O O M !

11. G69T

G69T CNC Modder

At the moment, I have not definite the hardware options for my Dark Blade mod, I have chosen a standard solution for this detail.....but all pieces are modifiable. ;)

12. G69T

G69T CNC Modder

Thank you Toasty for your bit-tech forum signed and your comment! ;)

When the cnc milling machine is working, the aluminium vibration noise is low (and absent when I work the big raw material pieces) and the tools noise is absent.

Bye bye :thumb:

13. leviathan18

leviathan18 What's a Dremel?

you can make a little acrilyc plate like you did in the waterstation.. just to cover the whole part...

14. Starbuck3733T

Starbuck3733T Look out sugar, here it comes

Nobody says you have to make a plate - I'm advocating the use of a breakout area, or multi-cable conductor to external breakout pigtails.

G69T: I'm not downing your work by any sense of the imagination - just starting some discussion :)

15. praetor coda

praetor coda What's a Dremel?

thanks G69T, thank you for sharing your build with the rest of us.

16. Static Lullaby

Static Lullaby What's a Dremel?

I think he was asking if the case will deal with any vibration noise once it is put together? If you are utilizing anything specific in between the joints? (Grommets etc)

17. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

If the case weight estimate is correct at 40-50KG then its going to take a lot to make this case vibrate.

18. niktard

niktard What's a Dremel?

just amazing !

19. thriteenthmonkey

thriteenthmonkey What's a Dremel?

I thought it was 20 kg so far
    either way it's really heavy

20. adnan

adnan What's a Dremel?

Amazing.

Deam dude, this is just AMAZING, when i look at your work it makes me take a nother education.... :p keep the good work coming.