1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Dark Blade by G69T

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by G69T, 30 Nov 2004.

1. HighWire

HighWire What's a Dremel?

I saw this coming... :p Congratulations G69T, U deserve it!

After long hours of designing, redesigning and just to be sure, measure it out again, this is the result... And a very well earned one, might I add...

Like it was said earlier in this thread, the machina can do the cuts, but the machine can't design on its own, now can it?

Again, congratulations, and keep it up! (Wheres Dark Blade 2: The Sequel? :p)

2. orange

orange What's a Dremel?

G69T: did you ever thinking about making with this Dark Blade project CD/DVD stand in the Dark Blade style.

3. zhangmaster12

zhangmaster12 What's a Dremel?

Congrats g69t. you deserve the BEST MOD OF THE YEAR AWARD(1 vote from me)

man i followed this mod since it was a baby. it was mind-blowing from beginning to end. i remember i was one of those ppl who signed up to bit-tech becasue of this mod.
    Great high quality work

btw, a few questions:
    whens ur next mod?

can cnc mill wood?

4. Sterkenburg

Sterkenburg To mod or not to mod...

Good job! I have to admit I hadn't seen this thread until I saw the mod of the year win, but then I HAD to check it out. Looking at it your mod (finished page 94 today :) ), you deserved every bit of that award. I know you've heard a hundred times over every reason why you're so great, so I'm just gonna leave it at that. Congrats!

5. V3ase

V3ase What's a Dremel?

OMFG This is the BEST CASE on the world :p
    Serious , 100% hand-made .
    G69T You ara my Master , can i be your padawan ?? :p

6. Mod_God

Mod_God What's a Dremel?

yeah its the best case in many ways, but is it really modding on manufacturing?
    yeah its perfect, yeah its nice, but is it hand made...no it was made by cnc machines. but in all its just a nice case

7. Wndrbread

Wndrbread What's a Dremel?

@mod god
    How is it any less handmade, Just because he posses's the skills needed to use Cnc mills/lathes?

-Wndrbread

8. galimim

galimim What's a Dremel?

Congratulations g69t for winning BEST MOD OF A YEAR award.

9. ice1

ice1 Home is where you hang your @

wow

i have just finnished reading the log, this has to be one of the best work i have ever seen. :hip: :rock: :clap: :clap:

this has made me join this here forum and enspired me to build my own case. :D

hope to have as good a job as yours some day so im off to make some plans :idea:

congrats on a top mod ill defonitly be asking for ur advice.

10. Djkraid

Djkraid What's a Dremel?

CAD's

im loving what youve done very artistic, im a hard person to please but well done youve acheived it. im quite an artisitc person but i think this is somthing of another level, maby you have started a new craze/trend.

i would like to open a negotiation for you to sell the blue prints/ cad drawings etc..?

are you intrested?
    i look forward to hearing from you if you will contact me at craigrobbo@msn.com

11. casey_cole

casey_cole Minimodder

I have to say, I don't *really* like this mod.

# I don't like the disjointed top and bottom parts - the way the water-cooling section is so seperate from the rest of the mod.
    # I don't like the solid flat top that seems to have been tacked on as an afterthought, which is out of key with the rest of the flowing curves.
    # I don't like the almost *random* mix of visual styles that are used - the blades, the claws, the flats, the spikes, the curves - it's too confused. It uses almost every single geometric shape possible to make the design.
    # I don't like the lack of attention to detail - no rear plate cover, the naff power switch, the lack of concealed internals, no cable covering, all different colours.
    # I don't like the wastefulness of the design - the massive chunks of aluminium that have just been carved up - no finesse to the engineering, if you like (despite the finesse to the design).
    # I don't like the fussiness of the lower half compared to the vast, blank espanses of the upper half.
    # Lastly it's a great thing. But I don't really see it as a PC case...

CC

12. Lemur 6

Lemur 6 What's a Dremel?

I think the point here is the design lacks purpose. It's big, heavy, complex, impressive, and all that, but where's the purpose? If it's simply to awe someone, yeah, it'll get that done. IMO, it's a little overdone, but each modder/designer has his/her own style and I can appreciate the work that goes to even the most impractical projects.

13. Monkey Sandwich...

Monkey Sandwich... I just ate one...

hey g69t, i am making my first mod starting today, im only 16, so im not very experienced in how these things work, but i was inspired by yourcooling system. I was wondering if you could tell me where i can get the nozzles and the blocks of acrylic. i am making a closely designd colling system to yours, so they would pretty much be similar in parts needed for system. i also need info on the wiring you used to power it(the wiring drawings n' such) so i can see how to wire mine. it will be cooling 2 nvidia 8800 gtx's, a 939 socket amd 64 athlon processor, four 500gig hdd's and 4 ram modules. it will be done in-case. so it will be shaped differently, but the hoses will run along pipelines on outside of case, so it also must feed out thru the back of the setup like yours...please if u can, tell me what kind of radiators you used as well
    thank you so much for your time...

14. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Sorry for the offtopic comment but... 2 x 8800 GTX + 2 TB HDD + 4 modules of RAM (2-4GB) sounds amazing... BUT WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT WITH A SOCKET 939 ATHLON? It's so damn underpowered for this beast! Get an AM2 X2 5000+ at least if you're an AMD fan boy or get a C2D E6600. Sorry... just been shocked. :)

15. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

First of all, don't hijack threads, and second, Moderators frown upon non-english text

16. randosome

randosome Banned

ummm wow lots of this topic gone .. :p

also i kind of agree with aon`aTv.gsus666
    surely youd want atleast a dual core proc, just to try and make use of SLI 8800's

17. Monkey Sandwich...

The mod was mad at me for massive newbage... and yes ur right about the core. i'll do that when i get the money. I'm using g69t's cooling system for something im making...check out project: HOMEOstasis

18. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

This thread is to discuss G69T's work, not to discuss your own ambitions. You can create your own thread for that in Modding or Project Logs.

From here on, any further posts that are not in some shape or form relevant to G69T's project will be deleted and the poster will serve an impromptu spell in Ban World for an unspecified duration, without charge, without trial (what's good for Gitmo is good for us). Is this clear enough now?

Jeez.

19. Monkey Sandwich...

good job g69t...please respond to my post...want ur help...

20. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

PM him or e-mail him, and then patiently wait for a reply. G69T has a life outside of these forums.