1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Dark Souls III available for preorder

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Aterius Gmork, 16 Feb 2016.

1. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Dark Souls III is available for preorder now. The preorder bonus seems to be the game soundtrack. Owners of a previous Souls game seem to get a discount of 8%.

Personally I am pissed that there is no Collector's Edition for the PC version yet again. However I know I will cave within the month and preorder the game. The first game is one of the best I have ever played. The second game had better combat but worse level design. (You take an elevator from the Earthen Peak tower to.. a lake of boiling lava?!) Still I played the game for about 150h but couldn't be bothered to get all achievements this time. Hopefully DS3 will be as good as DS1 again in regard to level design.

Anyone else excited for the game?

2. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Massive fan of the original (with the mod fix ofc) but never finished the second due to it been like a maze, not much sense of what direction you was meant to go. After hours of mumbling around getting nowhere i ****ed it off and uninstalled it.
    Im downloading it again now to have another stab at it with a guide before this comes out though.

Praise the sun.

3. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Where are you stuck? Also do you have the original DS2 or Scholar of the First Sin?

Personally I found Scholar much better than the original DS2. The "crown" DLCs have their own area and monsters each and are much much better than the game itself. The Crown of the Iron King is especially good. The level design is much akin to the first title how the areas are connected.

4. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

I'm as far into this series as having purchased Demon's Souls and DS1. Neither of them yet downloaded or installed. So I reckon there's a few hundred hours, and many thousands of deaths, before I get to DS3, but I'll keep an eye on pre-order prices just in case... you never can have a big enough backlog :)

5. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

original, im not paying for the game again.