1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POTM Darkest Hour

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Naked_Dave, 4 Apr 2008.

1. Naked_Dave

Naked_Dave New Member

[​IMG]

This man has been homeless for several years because of his mental health issues. The night before this photo was taken someone had thrown a lit cigarette onto him as he was sleeping, which set fire to his shirt and burned his arm. While I was talking to him several people walking past hurled verbal abuse.

Nikon FM2, 35mm f/2, Ilford HP5+
    Aperture and shutter speed unknown
    I'm new to film, so it got a bit scratched up during developing!

2. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Active Member

Great photo!
    But, don't you just hate this country :( Sickens me!

3. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Wow....

wow...

I'm not sure on the theme, but the photo is VERY powerful. Fantastic job, particularly the exposure since you did it on film. :)

4. OleJ

OleJ Me!

Good portrait and addition but not sure on whether it matches the POTM theme. And a very good debate to try and start. AFAIK people don't verbally abuse homeless while walking by in this country... that just seems wrong... throwing things at people already in the gutter is just low low low...

5. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Really good shot. IMO the scratches/stains on it gives it a very fitting effect. :)

Love the fact that it have a "story" to it as well. People tend to be pretty cruel, unfortunately. :(

As others have said, I don't really think it fits very well with the theme, though.

6. Naked_Dave

Naked_Dave New Member

I usually take the theme as a sort of word association game rather that taking it literally. I'd never win doing it like that, but I find it more fun :)

In this case golden hour went to darkest hour, the worst time in a person's life.

Tags: