1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Development database mapping software?

Discussion in 'Software' started by complexprocess, 4 Oct 2002.

1. complexprocess

complexprocess What's a Dremel?

does anyone know of any software that lets you draw out your database plan? i often do it in word with the draw tools, but it's cumbersome and i'm sure someone has thought of making a program specifically for it before. i want to be able to enter my table name, enter my fields, and somehow indicate what the relationships will be, and have it draw nice boxes and lines for me. i don't want a built in database engine or any such nonsense, just a way to draw and print my little database treasure maps.:) anyone know of something?

on the other hand, i could try making a couple of photoshop actions for it, but that would be abusing a very expensive program.:D

2. linear

linear Minimodder

visio does that.

3. KevinOwns

KevinOwns What's a Dremel?

About to say that. Good program for mapping out databases, scripts, whatever!

4. relix

relix Minimodder

I typed visio.com and IE came up with this page: http://www.microsoft.com/office/visio/

that's for the ones who didn't know what visio was/too lazy to type the link

(I am both unknowing and lazy :D)

5. linear

linear Minimodder

It was previously a decent standalone product prior to being assimilated by the collective.

6. complexprocess

complexprocess What's a Dremel?

thanks a bundle, i'll check that out this week at school.

ironically, i saw a visio icon in the quicklaunch bar on my work pc (i'm a computer lab monitor at school), and wrote myself a note to check it out like a week ago, just because it sounded cool. alas, i never did, or i would have discovered that the program i sought was sitting right under my nose the week preceeding me asking that question. i could have save you all seconds or even minutes of time. sorry.:)

thanks again.