1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding DATAMASTER (a monster from the past)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by kim, 26 Oct 2019.

1. kim

kim hardware addict

a bit better but not clean yet
    [​IMG]
    the wires have been damaged with many trys, and it's still twisted here and there, gotta improve my bendings as well...

2. kim

kim hardware addict

I worked on the second floor, inserting the screen and the Lamptron fan controllers in a front plate, it's not as high as it was because I finally choosed a 4 inchs screen, but this plastic material is really hard to work with,:eyebrow:... if I use any electric tool, the heat is melting the material, it makes a kind of a soft dough drying imediatly and the edges are fusing together again...not the best choice as a plastic material but with patience and hand tools it works.
    [​IMG]

3. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Sounds like an extruded plastic. If you are not recycling, you should find some cast plexiglas.
    I'd give up on the solid wire connectors. I tried using some fairly stiff wires before and you can never get them clean looking.

4. kim

kim hardware addict

you're right Cheap, I think I will just order some real cast plexi and redo the plate, but for the stiff wires, after trying several ways, I finally obtained something rather clean, you will see :grin:
    I realise that I need to finish the case to have the correct lenghs of all wires and cables, so I measured everything and cut the extra lengh of the case, the final case is 92 cms high :naughty:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 12 Feb 2020 at 18:00
  5. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Good. The previous layout apparently knocked a hole in your ceiling. :lol:

kim likes this.
  6. kim

kim hardware addict

:hehe: excellent, I know it's a splurge, :grin: and I reckon, I am a tad excessive :lol: ohh, and I didn't noticed the broken ceiling was visible LOL, what a silly photographer I am, yes, that small room has been open hastily for modding, and the work is still on the to-do list :grin:

Last edited: 13 Feb 2020 at 16:13