1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating Your Boss

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Amon, 25 May 2008.

1. SitraAchra

SitraAchra Minimodder

:hehe::hehe:

2. knuck

knuck Hate your face

hey , we were kidding ;) (at least I was)

3. EmJay

EmJay What's a Dremel?

QFT!

My parents met at work, so I can't entirely object. However, they were (A) peers, (B) in different departments, and (C) very discreet - it wasn't a secret per se, but when Mom showed up with a ring, some of her coworkers had to ask who the lucky man was. So in other words, totally different from the situation you're looking at. Dating a coworker isn't impossible, if the circumstances are right. But your boss? I wouldn't.

4. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

there is no girl. enjoy your hand.

nsfw, or people of a senstive nature as im not sure of the rules here

^^^ NSFW, but definitely worth clicking when you get home. Trust me. :hehe: --Nexxo

Last edited by a moderator: 29 May 2008
  5. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

Rules or no rules, I lol'd :hehe:

6. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Great.... thanks kingred, spat out my coffee all over my desk after reading that :rolleyes: :hehe:

7. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

She seems to be a supervisor or something like that, and one of her bosses that wouldn't be keen about this is your neighbour, and she seems to also be an older married woman, who want's to have an affair with you because she's not a slag?

So what do you prefer, rikki-lake, jerry springer, judge judy or all three?

I suppose there is the one in a million chance that things go well and you'd be just sleeping your way to the top, but odds are otherwise :hehe:

8. koola

koola Minimodder

Lmao kingred, awesome!

9. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

I don't take any credit for that. Peadobaiting is Anon's territory where you win points for getting phone numbers, names, engaging in cybering only to reveal you have a penis halfway through.

back to the thread,

is she pregnant yet?

10. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

I think she's too old to be pregnant.

11. Dave Penguin

Dave Penguin O hai.

At the end of the day - the only advice that ever really needs to be given is the following:

If:
    A: Nobody is getting hurt (i.e. her husband isn't likely to kill himself / you / everyone)
    B: She likes you and would be happy
    C: You like her and would be happy

then go for it. Otherwise, if any of the above aren't true, then maybe it's time to think long and hard about the old adage of "maybe it just wasn't meant to be"?

In my opinion - with things like this, it's the things you didn't do or take a chance with that you regret more than those that you did. Would you rather look back on things X many years into the future and think "Oh, I wonder what would have happened if I went for it?" or "Oh, well - that didn't work out but I learnt from it"?

12. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

You know Amon, until you said this, we were all imagining some hot, succesful 20 something. Now we're all thinking it's a 40 year old with husband issues. Can you give us a ball park figure?

(And given none of us know who you are, it's fine to spill the beans)

13. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

er, i'm sorry but no. if there's a husband involved get your bloody fingers out of the cookie jar. now. there are no rules, just facts of life. that is bad bad bad. naughty.

14. Dave Penguin

Dave Penguin O hai.

That's basically what I meant - I just put it very badly. Point A is intended to mean precisely that. With the obvious exception of guys who actually derive some form of enjoyment out of knowing their wife is making the beast with two backs with someone else...

15. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Considering my moral barometer is in the shop for repairs.

Go nuts. What's the worst that could happen?

Aside from her having a husband and him walking in on you two, her getting pregnant (But hey, you should have rubbers in all colours of Rubix cube!), or the relationship ending because you've both got different objectives at work?

16. Arthur2Sheds

Arthur2Sheds Jackson

Eh, my wife used to work for me when we started dating. No big deal if you don't make it one. I would not recommend hiding anything. We were up front about it and voluntarily split our shifts so I wasn't her supervisor any more (most of the time).

Age issue - no big deal if you don't make it one.

Now, if she's married...you're asking for trouble and nothing good can come of this.

17. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Update req.

18. dutchcedar

dutchcedar What's a Dremel?

Young buck asks for advice on promotion to Boy Toy at his job.

Advice: Have fun and update your resume before the big tryst. If you don't perform well enough for her the first time, you'll need that resume on Monday.

:hip:

19. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Well, if the current line of thinking is correct, and if she is in fact a married woman looking for a little extramarital tryst, then that's all the more reason to completely avoid the situation. If she's willing to violate her husband's trust like that, then there's no telling what she'll do to you when she's done. You're just a pawn in her game, and you'll be just as expendable.

-monkey

20. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Argument one. Never date your boss --there will inevitably be conflict of interest and boundary issues.

Never date a married person. If they are willing to cheat on their spouse with you, they will be willing to cheat on you with someone else. Again, conflict of interest and boundary issues apply.

Moreover, you do not have to collude with someone else's unfaithfulness (or at best, poor marrital conflict resolution decisions). It doesn't matter whether the marriage is crap, or who is at fault for that, or who is most miserable. What matters is that anyone who wants to start seeing someone else should just have the balls to just end their current unhappy relationship. if they don't feel able to, they inevitably are trouble on many levels.