1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DavenPort lyons Suing me

Discussion in 'Serious' started by matthew223, 9 Jul 2008.

1. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I know its an odd question, but the people who have recieved such letters from DavePort Lyons what ISP's are you using.

Maybe there is a way to fight back and find out how there obtaining the infomation....

2. dumde

dumde What's a Dremel?

All UK ISPs under UK law have to release the information. It's regardless of ISP.

I've read about letters from sky, tiscali, BT, virgin and eclipse. (that's all I can remeber of the top of my head)

At the end of the day, I don't want to spend money stopping these people. From what I've read, a letter from a solicitor wont even stop them, you just have to hold your ground and keep replying telling them you did not do it.

On a side note, I don't care who did or didn't do it. This is extortion, and should not be allowed.

The only thing that will affect their persistence is the company which are demanding the money. It would seem that anyone accused of sharing two worlds has it worst off, and people accused of sharing dream pinball or colin mcrae will be a little lucky. If you're accused of downloading call of juraz or the witcher, you're in lucky. Atari dropped DL, so the witcher claims are dropped, and CoZ is available for download for free of their site.

Last edited: 19 Mar 2009
  3. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

This is why copyright arose in the first place; even in the dark pre-digital ages it was possible for a printer to copy the text in a book and print (and sell) his own version. The original book was still there.
    So that red-herring was knocked on the head centuries ago, but along come another generation who want the world to fit their view rather than reality, then cry when their rose-tinted spectacles fail to show the yawning chasm. :rolleyes:

4. dumde

dumde What's a Dremel?

There's a difference between recovering costs, and tricking defenseless naive people into paying.

Unless DL/ Logistep can GUARANTEE the effectiveness of their results, I don't see how they're even allowed to operate.

Also notice how all the companys "recovering" costs made second rate games which sold badly....