1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dawn simulator Alarm clock??

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Picky88, 27 Oct 2012.

1. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Me too, might pick one up for these wintery mornings... :(

2. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

I have one of these, have had it for several years. Having the room lit up before the alarm goes off definitely helps, although I find many of the alarm tones annoying as hell, and one of my cats chewed the radio antennae off...

I also use it as a light to read by and general purpose bedside light, which it does admirably. Do admittedly need to buy a Kindle Paperwhite.

3. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

I'm going to try no curtains tonight. Apparently sunrise is at 7 and my window faces NE so hopefully it should wake me up.

4. Tynecider

Tynecider Since ZX81

Alarm clock "MoTM"

Love it!!!!

5. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

I don't understand the trouble with getting up in the morning, if I go to sleep early enough I wake up fine. Mrs Bear struggles though so I will be interested to see how you get on. I used to struggle going to sleep and then by the same token getting up was an issue too, I found cutting out caffeine after 8pm and no coffee after lunch helped the most.
    I'll keep an eye on this thread with interest.

6. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Picky - you're going to have to keep us updated with how you get on with it. A review on Day 1 isn't reliable enough for my liking, what with the novelty factor 'n' all. Going to need to hear you jumped out of bed in deep winter, even after being used to it 'tricking' you for a couple of months to begin to be won over by such products. Good luck.

7. TheDodoKiller

TheDodoKiller Minimodder

Well, if I've had a long night, I'm often woken by my folks waterboarding me. Good times.

8. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

So Picky, six months on, what do you think?

9. Picky88

Picky88 What's a Dremel?

I much prefer it to an alarm clock and could never go back. Having said that it is over priced considering the technology that is actually in there is not that complicated. I also found drinking more water before I go to bed has helped me get up in the mornings, so getting dehydrated overnight was part of my problem aswell. But the dawn simulator does make a big difference. So yes I would recommend it to anyone, I dont know how good the cheaper ones are, might be worth a try.

10. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

This might be something I experiment with on an Arduino over the summer break then. Thank you Picky88.

11. Scroome

Scroome Modder

This thread is interesting to me, as I have to have things the opposite.

For example, my curtains are usually about a foot open, to allow for air to flow from my window each evening. The problem I get, is that during the summer months I wake up when the sun has risen, which is usually around 4-5 A.M.

I have to have things nice and dark, and wake to an alarm without issue.

12. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

I am tempted to get one for the missus, who might find it useful.