1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Day of Defeat: Source Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 26 Sep 2005.

1. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

It's ok then. Sometimes the "nice" in people gets lost in translation :)

Welcome to the bit-tech forums by the way - thanks for coming

2. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

That preview pretty much made me want to go back to bed til 11pm, I might just watch Band of Brothers, Saving Private Ryan and the Longest Day so I'm ready to "meet them on the beaches".

:grr:

3. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

I'm looking forward to this, though I'm in agreement that those of us who bought the retail package are being punished. I paid a premium in gas and time to purchase it anyways over buying it online, and I did so because I really prefer to have an actual copy of the game I just spent that money on. Now I have to spend $20, and the next time they decide to release something that falls under "silver" or "gold" (which they assuredly will) I'll have to pay again. That's the problem that I have with it...I agree that we should be allowed to upgrade our package with that $20 instead of buying the individual software.

4. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

A stop gap until COD2, don't get me wrong it looks fine, but imo COD2 is much more cinematic and would leave a lasting effect.

Interested to see how well it run's with HDR, is this the same HDR that will feature on the Lost Coast?

Last edited: 26 Sep 2005
  5. sadffffff

sadffffff Minimodder

"I'm sure you'll forgive us if we leave HDR enabled"
    aaah! not me, ish! everything is all overbright fuzzy and untrue to real light, ouch it makes my eyes hurt

6. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

So does this mean since I purchased the version of HL:2 that came with the t-shirt that I will also need to pay the $20 to play this?? I thought the T-Shirt version was the silver package......:confused:

7. thecrownles

thecrownles What's a Relix?

I bought the T-shirt edition which was $80, and now they want me to pay another $20 which the online buyers get for my price already? Valve sucks ARSE in my opinion. Steam updates break CS:S VERY OFTEN, and now they go and screw all of us retail buyers over. I say **** valve, **** steam, they arent getting my $20.

8. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

Yes - they are both Source, so the HDR is pretty similar.

I was interested to read that Activision announced that the CoD2 demo might be out later today - trying to spoil Valve's day? I wonder where they learnt *that* trick... :sigh:

9. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

Yeah thats what I paid as well. Seems like a rip-off to me. What a joke. I am upset. :miffed:

10. ArMoR.inc

ArMoR.inc What's a Dremel?

untrue ay....

LOL when was the last time you steped into the morning sun?
    get up at 5am and see what the light looks like. besides its still a work in progress. and it is going very well indeed. much improvement.

11. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

COD2 demo was released last night by the way...

12. Exoskeletor

Exoskeletor What's a Dremel?

Very good article, too bad i haven't a visa to buy this game.
    Pope are we going to see in the future an update on counter strike source that add's HDR?

13. NookiE-afk

NookiE-afk What's a Dremel?

HDR was infact awesome. I couldn't stop drooling :jawdrop: over my desk when running around in DoD:Source.

This makes me want Half-Life 2: Aftermath even more. :rock:

Too bad Call of Duty 2 is out soon.. So not much gaming DoD:Source...
    Once a CoD fan always a CoD fan.

14. Wwhat

Wwhat Minimodder

FYI Yes the HDR is the same as lost-coast but of course since there's a certain ammount of manual labour involved in making HDR content it might even look more spiffy there.
    On a sidenote I like to point out that all the source engine stuff now has HDR, this includes CS:Source so as soon as the SDK is released people can start making HDR enabled CS maps also!
    There already is a HDR menu option in the CS:Source video settings.
    On a more negative note, I am told that already people are spotted with no-recoil cheats in DOD:S, can't people have a little selfrespect and play fair? geez :/

15. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

They are only cheating themselves, I have no idea how you can enjoy a game when you are getting around something that adds to the realism.... idiots.

Tags: Add Tags