1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks Dead Laptop?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by GeorgeK, 6 Jul 2016.

1. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

A colleague has brought me her laptop to have a look at as it won't turn on - apparently last night it flashed up a screen that couldn't be got rid of with ctrl-alt-del and nothing else was responding so she held the power button until the laptop turned off. It now won't turn on - I would guess that it is not the power supply as when it is plugged in the battery and ac LEDs both light up. I've tried unplugging the power lead, taking the battery out and holding down the power button for a while (3-4 mins) before plugging back in the lead by itself, the battery by itself and both but nothing happens - no fans spin up or anything.

Is there anything that can be done or is it a gonner? It's a Toshiba L300 so not exactly the newest of machines either.

Thanks

GK

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

George, I had an L300 that refused to power up - it took four attempts at that reset procedure before it worked for me IIRC.

3. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Hmm - good to know. It's currently sat unplugged with the battery out so I'll give that another try in a bit :thumb: