1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSU Dead PSU and replacement...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by adidan, 10 Feb 2018.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Thanks. Plumped for an EVGA G3 750w on offer, had Amazonian vouchers so it only cost me 50 odd quid in real money.

Smaller size will be a bit better for my matx case, when it arrives.

Thanks for all the input, much appreciated.

cobalt6700 likes this.
  2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman Don't phone it's just for fun.

Nice. I'm regretting getting such a large psu now I'm looking to downsize.

adidan likes this.
  3. cobalt6700

cobalt6700 Active Member

I was between this and the Seasonic focus plus - went for the focus plus in the end. Mainly because I’ve not had a Seasonic before - very impressed.

adidan likes this.
  4. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Well-Known Member

I don't have much experience with PSU, the few I have bought have never failed on me (except maybe one I ame still testing to see if it was computer or supply). That said I have had two Seasonic a Plantinum fanless-520 and just recently a Focus+ 550PX. Both supplies are almost identical (externally at least), but the Focus+ I was a little disappointed with in that the sleeve material on the 24-pin connector felt cheaper and more plasticity than on the fanless model. To top that off the sleeve on the fanless model is neatly finished with ~20mm of heat shrink and a small zip tie underneath (about as good as one can expect for a commercial job) where as the Focus+ there is ~50 mm of heat shrink and a bulky zip tie under it. Additional the PCI-E cables on the Focus+ a sleeved with the same cheap feeling sleeve with the excessive heatshrink on the ends, where as the fanless came with ribbon cable. These issue maybe mote (for me) as I am fair certain I can interchange the cables between supplies, just need to finish verifying the pin-outs.