1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Dear Battlelog, go away!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by b5k, 30 Sep 2011.

1. b5k

b5k New Member

This has been supported by WSW and various other games. You can create wsw:// links which load up the game and connect you to a server. There's no reason all games shouldn't be able to do this. This isn't bad. The bad part is forcing dodgy web based server browsing on everyone.

2. stefan442

stefan442 Member

I remember steam in its infancy....

I detested the fact i had to use steam and not gamespy to join a cs 1.3 game.

Origin is a thousand times better than steam when it was released, the only way it will get better is by putting it out there.

It would be nice to have battlelog built into origin, as they are both EA involved. Although DICE have control over battlelog (i assume).

Just live with it, it will improve.

I havent been able to play bf3 all evening, lucky im going for a beer otherwise id be sat here restarting origin and constantly logging in and out of battlelog all night!

3. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

If you're using Chrome when on the Battlelog page go Options -> Tools -> Create Application Shortcut, gives you an option to launch w/o the address bar + have shortcuts for Desktop/Quick bar/Start menu.

Stops it messing with your browser settings and window sizing etc. :eek:

4. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Well-Known Member

QUITE CLEARLY MY KITTENS WERE NOT ADEQUATE.

Seriously, let's not get our knickers in a twist. Steam has just as many flaws and I don't see many rants about it yet it's been around for years.

A beta comes out and you're all like 'WTF WHYS IT NO WORK!?!?!11!!'.

Chill. Deal with it. You're trying an epic game out for free.

5. loftie

loftie Well-Known Member

I have to admit, battlelog is a piece of crap. I'm not into the whole 'FieldBook feel it has to it, though in all honesty, it's not massively different to using the server browser in BC2.

That's not me saying I like it - I hate it, and why they couldn't just rip the whole of BC2 for the server browser etc I don't know, or just copied it. Battlelog, i hope, will get better, but i don't see the point of Origin => Browser => Load game and then having to quit the game, to find a new server, to load the game again, even if it is quick.

I don't see why i need to have friends on Origin and then again on Battlelog

6. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Guy criticizes an aspect of your beloved BF3 and gets murdered for it. BETA or not, Christ! Its the fanboys of a game that isn't even in the shops yet who need to take a long look at the kittens.

*Runs to the warm, loving embrace of Red Orchestra.

7. spectre456

spectre456 New Member

I'm inclined to agree with you here but RO was released in some messed up pre-alpha state with all its issues. I love RO2 but it really is abysmal that stats are still broken 3 weeks after release.

Battlelog is just something I think people need to let grow on them.

8. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN I want to change my name but I also don't

Your game session has expired, please log off and back on again.

9. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

It's the opposite of anti-competitive, having one distribution stream is a bad thing, it's a monopoly. However the way Steam handled it, it wasn't but they easily could have

10. Krazeh

Krazeh Well-Known Member

There's a difference between criticising and whinging. Criticism is fine but this thread is a whinge about the OP not liking Battlelog because it's different. He doesn't have any real criticism, it's just "i don't like it because i don't".

11. Xcellenye

Xcellenye New Member

Please read the posting rules and battlelog isn't that great

12. Blue Fiend

Blue Fiend New Member

The only problem i have with battlelog is when it fails to launch bf3 correctly, other than that its great

13. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

All the hate towards battlelog, even on the battelog forum the peition that people have started to get it removed.

Its pointless, either get on with Battlelog or dont play the game, its here to stay.

14. wafflesomd

wafflesomd New Member

If Bad Company 2 was any indication, then yes the game should actually be up to standards about a year after release.

15. Blue Fiend

Blue Fiend New Member

16. loftie

loftie Well-Known Member

I assume by squad in battlelog they mean a party. We tried it a few times, and while it 'reserved' a slot on the server for us, it never got passed the 'Joining game' bit. So didn't really work. As for voicechat, that didnt work at all for us. Surprising they are even implementing voicechat in battlelog imo.

17. Boogle

Boogle New Member

I'm with Soviet_, it's the future. People love moaning about new things. Self-propelled cars, electricity, microwaves, computers, Windows, mobile phones, smartphones, etc. etc.

It's new, and it's not perfect. But the potential is immense. This is web-based, which means it's totally flexible. This hasn't been done before - and already it's got a feature set that matches most games before it. I personally find the UI much more friendly than in-game UI.

The issues mentioned in this thread are all completely fixable. The contention seems to be that it's 'different'. The core concept is sound, and I haven't seen any arguments against the core idea that can't be fixed. Key mappings and settings included (just add them as config pages...).

18. Boogle

Boogle New Member

Putting it in Battlelog means you can have a chat-room that's always open with your friends regardless of whether the game is open or not. It's like Teamspeak, but more integrated. At least this is my interpretation.

Also nothing says Battlelog can't be rolled out to other MP EA games. I can definitely see where EA is going with this system.

19. wafflesomd

wafflesomd New Member

Here's an idea.

Why don't they just integrate battlelog into Origin?

20. murraynt

murraynt Well-Known Member

Would make alot more sense