1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Dear EA, take a running jump!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gunsmith, 15 Jun 2011.

1. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

the cheeky B@stards :lol:

2. OCJunkie

OCJunkie OC your Dremel too

Complete and utter arse move (who's really to blame here, Steam for wanting exclusivity, or EA for refusing it?). This kind of business BS just hurts PC gaming in general, people don't want to use 10 different clients...

Last edited: 17 Jun 2011
  3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

+ rep :D

5. Woodlauncher

Woodlauncher What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 22 Jun 2011
  6. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I have searched the thread but can't see any mention of it, so does anyone know if there will still be updates to the Steam version of Crysis 2?

EDIT ---> Found my answer. Steam will still provide updates to games they previously sold.

'Only on Origin' - what a complete rip-off. Looks like there are going to be less and less games on Amazon. No more competition, no more discounted games, means less game buying for me.

Last edited: 22 Jun 2011
  7. Bede

Bede Minimodder

I don't really see this as a problem as long as Origin does not have its own program that runs at the same time as steam. Most of us already buy games from GoG and Steam (and probably at least one other online retailer from time to time). Steam is a PITA sometimes and the more competition it gets the better imho.

8. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

* strokes library of retail PC games *

Precious.

9. pandoraocicat

pandoraocicat What's a Dremel?

Totally agree with this. Plus you cant even look at price of games etc without installing origins

10. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

holy thread revival batman!

To be fair, Origin works well i find. I just don't trust EA.

11. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Its not that big of a thread revival...

Hell, Origin is ok, I wish it'll stop bringing up error messages everytime I boot up and asking me if I want to send the report to EA..

12. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

I take it someone else had to change to a less secure password.

13. b5k

b5k What's a Dremel?

Problem wont be Origin, it'll be the web based launch platform you're also requiered to use for every single game.

14. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

I personally don't mind using both Origin and Steam, plus I like the Origin UI :).

15. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

using both here, no problem.

the game hoarding (limited to...) sucks, but its the only way another platform can compete.

16. b5k

b5k What's a Dremel?

If EA went and purchased GAME then said they would only distribute their games through GAME...How do you think that would fly? Probably not very well. Arguing that EA Origin is "competition" for Steam wrong. Steam lets any developer or publisher integrate with a social system whilst selling games from any developer or publisher and providing a "cloud" service for its users to store configs and save games. Meaning you could play from any machine with CSS on it and your config would be the same.

Origin is a profit machine.

17. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Can you get HL2 on Origin? No? Hush then. Neither company are saints, competition is a good thing, stop whining.

18. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Multimodder

I find my-self agreeing with someone for the 2nd time :duh: :lol:

My only problem with origin is that i can get most of the games cheaper elsewhere, if they were to take the games off the shelf and then make us buy them only through origin at the current prices then id say something is wrong, but they dont.

19. b5k

b5k What's a Dremel?

Stupid arguement. Valve created steam as a distribution platform for any developer or publisher who wanted to use it. Ubisoft, Bethesda Soft, Epic Games, Eidos and many more publishers, including EA, sell through it. Steamworks is open. Its prices are competitive.

Origin is closed. EA will only sell their products through it and at a higher price than you an expect from 3rd party retailers OR highstreet vendors(Confirmed locally for me). Valve may have used Half-life to boost the popularity of Steam, but Steam is certainly not a closed distribution platform like Origin.

This isn't competition, it's price fixing. You're stupid.

Accidental convert block -> uppercase.

Last edited: 30 Sep 2011
  20. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I still have the same issues with Origin as i did on Page 1 of this thread. Any downloads go where it wants, not where i want, even when configured. I tell it not to auto install, but it does, i tell it to keep game installers, but it doesn't. I want it to work like EADM did, until then, i will be an unhappy chappy.

Sam

Ninja Edit:
    @b5k, Please STOP typing in full caps, makes it look like your shouting, which is unnecessary.