1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Death penalty for Saddam Hussein

Discussion in 'Serious' started by antiHero, 5 Nov 2006.

1. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

Finally!!
    Full text here !

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Hanging!! Whow.

I wonder if they'll televise it? (No, seriously, I wouldnt put it past them).

3. Cabe

Cabe What's a Dremel?

despite my reservations over capital punishment, I am glad that he was found guilty by an Iraqi court*, not an American one, this will go along way to restoring the country.

*after a full reading this may not be true :/

4. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Jesus, it took them 3years to decide his sentance? I could of given the answer in 5 seconds.......

Hanging......i hope its telivised....

5. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

Under american influence no doubt, but still good that its over (whether I believe in the death sentence or not).

The only thing I worry about is those loyal to saddam still, and what will happen when he is hung/(martyred?) :S

6. quack

quack Minimodder

/me waits for the video to hit YouTube.

7. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Has justice been served? Possibly. It is hard to say, because it to closely resembles just another case of eliminating the competition.

The outcome is only as good as the process by which it was attained.

8. offroadracer789

offroadracer789 What's a Dremel?

Personally i think life in prison is a harsher punishment, but with Saddam you would run the heavy risk of someone eventually breaking him out.

Where has he been held during his court case?

Has their ever been a government change in which the previous rulers were not killed?

9. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I'd watch :p

Funny how close this comes to election day... I don't think it's just an odd coincidence.

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Well this is also my point: was the outcome ever in doubt??

11. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Well, hanging, electric chair, firing squad...

It was obvious from the day he was captured that he'd be sentenced to death, there really was no other option.

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Well yea, so what's the point in a trial? Why didnt the marines that found him put a bullet in his said and save all the trouble?

The americans loose either way: if convicted it looks like a conspiracy against him and an obvious outcome, but if he was found not guilty their whole reason for going to war would be shot to ****.

13. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

It's closure, like at Nuremberg: You have to see the leaders captured, put to trial and punished.

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Like Slobodan Milosevic?

15. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I thought he died during the trial?

It's not like he was set free.

16. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Life would've been better for this guy.
    There's no worse punishment than being alone for the rest of your life, with no-one to speak to and the bare minimum amount of food.

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

3 years of tribunals and then suspected poisoning?? Still bopped off imo.

18. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Killing someone for a crime is silly in my opinion... Yes, he is evil and deserves to pay, but surely death is nothing more than a quick escape... Although he is probably bricking it right now over the concept of death, the alternative would eventually make him wish that death was the only option he was given. Then again. Keeping him alive is like winding up a bomb with a faulty clock.... you know its going to go off at some point...

I imagine my views on this are slightly altered due to my complete disbelif in any kind of afterlife... If one did exist and hell was an option, then yea, kill the *******.

19. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

What was it he did again? Oh, yeah, killed a lot of innocent civilians while putting down insurgents, using chemical weapons banned by the Geneva Convention.

Oops, sorry, that was our guys... :blush:

20. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

too f**king right, i think its awfully convenient election day is round the corner. i think America definately had influence on this, with Saddam being thought of as an evil vindictive man, Americas war on Iraq will seem justified. And with him out of the picture, Having Iraq cohere with G.W's wishes will be a lot easier.

Its disgusting how the world just accepts that American and UK troops are sent to a country that has never harmed us or posed any threat to us at all, and slaughtering everyone, and passes is off as "all in good will"

Last edited: 6 Nov 2006