1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Decent but budget build for BF4

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by HelloDelly, 16 Sep 2013.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

:worried:

maybe

2. teppic

teppic What's a Dremel?

It keeps changing :)

3. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Eh I guess in my personal situation I have some plans for a build that I can't rely on AMD for.

I needs to be ITX. I have a Define R3 but I want to use my Bit Fenix Prodigy and pass the R3 down to my dad as a little birthday present for him.

AMD doesn't offer an ITX solution for AM3+

AMD isn't saying jack about Steamroller, including the socket it will sit in.

I want a ROG Impact VI. That board is awesome. The layout is just about perfect for the case, the Supreme FX audio chip is really compelling, and the OC potential is great. Plus it looks BA and I have a ROG themed paint job planned! :rock:

4. teppic

teppic What's a Dremel?

For a decent gaming ITX system your only choice is an i5/i7. I was in the same position as I wanted a decent small backup gaming system that could also work as a quiet media ITX PC. I went for an i5 and a 7850 graphics card.

5. Neogumbercules

Shoot I hijacked this thread didn't I? :p

6. teppic

teppic What's a Dremel?

It's gone all over the place anyway. An i7 4770K in an ITX system with a 7950 would do nicely for BF4 :)

7. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I'm personally about to go for an AMD 760k based itx build, that will primarily be used for gaming. I'm not worried about the cpu, but I'll find out soon enough.

8. HelloDelly

HelloDelly What's a Dremel?

haha this thread has gone wild! thank you all for your input! :clap:

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Steamroller FX is AM3+, Steamroller + GPU is FM2+

:thumb: Pics!

10. teppic

teppic What's a Dremel?

They haven't announced any AM3+ Steamroller CPUs yet :( I really hope they do come.

11. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I have been asked quite allot lately about budget build's and even some high end build's and the only cpu I find myself recommending at the, moment is the AMD 8320/50 because for gaming they are pretty much as good as Intel.

Yes AMD are not quite there yet in terms of raw performance in most things but they are pretty much equal to Intel when, it comes to just gaming but that does depend on each game and the graphics card.

I looked at how much my cpu was used last night whilst playing Battlefield 3 and found it was peaking at around 100% per thread, and averaging 40% to 60% but my OS needs a spring clean which I will do when I get my new sound card.

Certainly going to be a few interesting months ahead!

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Peaking on all cores with a 3930K? Jeez :eeek:

13. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Yep as I say I need to double check it with a clean install, as my Creative card is causing me issues so going to try and get a Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus when I get paid to see, if that sort's my issues out with Windows 8/8.1.

Unless you fancy sending me one for free (Joke :D)

I have sorted my motherboard out now it's watercooled as it only hit's 35c when in use compared to nearly 60c when it was on air, according to AI Suite which isn't the best and most accurate but it matches up with HWMonitor within a degree or two.

Ambient temp is currently 26c according to AI Suite.

14. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

I've seen 98% use on my 8320 in Crysis 3. Battlefield 3 is pretty tame in comparison, with my GPUS hitting around 52c.

These modern titles though? (TR, Hitman and C3 etc?) bloody hell my GPUs crank to 78c in seconds.

15. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

In Crysis 3 my GPU's are heavily used and hit 80c and use up to around the 1.6Gb to 1.9Gb of Vram when the game is maxed out at 1080p.

Battlefield 3 uses about the same and sends the temp's to around the same, but the fans barely go above 40% iirc but will have to check when I do a fresh install.

I downloaded HWInfo 64bit for monitoring and recording how much of each component is used.

16. AlienwareAndy

It's that level where you're in some sort of a swamp with broken buildings and many aliens lol.

It was the same level that rendered my H60 useless and why I replaced it with a H100 :D

Yeah Crysis 3 definitely gives your PC a bloody good work out :D Mind you, Metro LL is the same !

17. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Yeah Metro Last Light maxed at 1080p including AA gives me about 40fps maybe abit more or less but as soon as I turn off the AA, as it doesn't look like it makes that much difference to me I jump up to 100fps.

18. Neogumbercules

Gonna get a 4670k and delid... Hit it with a dab of coollaboratory liquid pro and stick it under an H100i. I must tinker!

Sent from Bittech Android app

19. AlienwareAndy

Man I want to play Metro so bad now :( a second playthrough would be soooo nice..

I love the bit where the little dude joins you :)

Fingers crossed I can get my PC working again.

20. Neogumbercules

Pics to come! Keep an eye on my Prodigy 3D model thread. Need to get back to work on that.

Tags: