1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Decent Keyboards?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by earlydoors, 23 May 2009.

1. earlydoors

earlydoors Minimodder

I was thinking of a Razer Lycosa Keyboard, I think it looks good and is probably pretty durable, but can anyone recommend anything else? I think the Razer is probably a bit over priced at around £60, you're probs paying for a brandname.

Need it for general use, plus some gaming...I'd like it to be good looking and durable.

Logitech are reputed to have good keyboards, but they look pretty ****.

Any thoughts?

2. DorkSterr

DorkSterr Hakuna Matata

3. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Microsoft Natural 4000.

Not exactly a gaming keyboard though :p

4. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Check out Logitech Illuminated keyboard.
    I have it, and damn that thing is so solid and heavy, it feels like it's a block of durable plastic cut in and put keys on it. It is quiet, and well illuminates white.
    Personally I love, and it plays nice for games and work.

If you wonder for the light indicators of the keyboard, they are there, you just don't see them when they are off (even with a strong light). They are at the bottom right of the keyboard, on the black line. The backlight is adjustable to 4 intensity including off.

CapsLock and Win key can be disabled for your gaming or anything else really. And the on screen indicator makes it a nice multimedia touch as it looks like its a TV, especially the volume.

This laptop, varies form 75$ to 130$ Canadian, so do some shopping. I love this keyboard. And my experience with Logitech 3 year warranty was absolutely awesome.
    - Fast service.
    - No wait on the phone.
    - No refurbished.
    - If you have proof of purchase, no need to send the product back.
    - You get a new retail box with everything.

The best part of the keyboard is that it's simple, slim, and modern looking. Not a big fat bulk that looks like those first beige keyboard repainted and marketed as gaming keyboard.

Downsides:
    - No profile base to disable Win and Caplock key when a program execute
    - Not great for heavy gamers or if you are serious about your gaming. For me I play games for the entertainment value, if I lose I don't blame my peripherals.
    - Some keys are not perfectly illuminated on some large keys like Shift where the text is long or is placed where the key hinges is located. But from my experience with illuminated keyboard they are all like that. I guess the only real fix is to lave several LED's under each individual keys, but then the cabling can brake after excess moving, and make the keys heavier, therefor too easy to press, no to mention more power which probably means it would need a AC adapter and cost a fortune.

But, when not being picky, it illuminated very well each key as reviews also suggests.

Last edited: 23 May 2009
  5. bcooper56

bcooper56 What's a Dremel?

g15 is best