1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Decent pair of in ear headphones

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CrapBag, 9 Sep 2015.

1. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

My son is looking for a half decent set of in ear headphones to go with his phone so he can listen to music on the school bus.

Need to sound fairly decent and most importantly be strong as my kids have a habit of breaking the wire where it enters the ear bud thus causing one ear piece to stop working.

He has a budget of around £20.

2. roosauce

roosauce Looking for xmas projects??

Closest I know of is the SoundMagic E10S. Great review from what hifi awards.

I can see some on eBay for £31, so out of budget however.

3. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

4. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

5. bartiszon

bartiszon Minimodder

There is no half decent in ear 'kidsproof' headphones in your budget I'm afraid, so I decided to spend a tenner for just a half decent for my daughter and she's quite happy with it.

These are quite good:
    and can be found for a little above £20 from AliExpress, but you could get their cheaper siblings ES18 for £9.99 from richersounds. (same driver I guess, but plastic housing and straight cable)

6. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I've ordered him 2 sets of the Betrons, they had good reviews and price is very good, they were the number 2 buy in the independent's test.

I ended up getting him 2 as the postage was £4 alone and if 2 were purchased it hit the free delivery point of £20 and a spare pair would be very useful for him.

7. MeddlE

MeddlE Norwegian Blue

Thanks to this thread I purchased a set of the Betrons. My first pair of in-ear phones and so far very impressed with the sound. I'm used to my Goldring DR100 over ear but would never wear those outside.