1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Dell 2407WFPb broken power button

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Deadpunkdave, 20 Jul 2010.

1. Deadpunkdave

Deadpunkdave ...why you need a 20-sided die

Hi there,
    after a few years' use, the power button on the front of my Dell 2407WFPb is very stuck, to the point where the monitor can't be turned on. I feel my options are to

1) attempt to remove and replace it completely which would involve opening up the monitor
    2) cut away the forward face of the button and improvise a new one
    3) send it off for repair (out of warranty)

Does anyone have any experience opening up this style of monitor? Or am I better off just going with No. 2 or 3 above?

Cheers

2. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

I'd definately advise against option 2. Chances are you'll hit the PCB that controls the function aswell, bringing you even further away from home.

I's say go to a local PC store so you don't have to ship the monitor, and see what they would charge for repairing it. Once you have your price, see if it's worth taking a shot at doing it yourself.

3. Taffy

Taffy Folding for Margaret 17/3/2011 RIP

I had the same problem on my 2407 but was able to jam the switch in the on position and use the mains switch to turn it off and on

Deadpunkdave likes this.
  4. Deadpunkdave

Deadpunkdave ...why you need a 20-sided die

After what felt like far too much pressure with a screwdriver I managed to do the same, thanks Taffy :thumb: