1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Dell Froot screenless concept PC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 18 Jan 2010.

1. Azayles

Azayles Member

I think they shoulda shopped around a bit more and not simply gone with the first search they found on yell.com

2. Cptn-Inafinus

Cptn-Inafinus Member

Gosh darn. Someone beat me to the XP comment.

3. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

why dont they make the top of it flat and then a proper keyboard can go on top instead of using that laser projection that noone seems to like.

4. metarinka

metarinka New Member

If they are thinking ruggedized computer for the developing world than i feel one of those laser keyboards is a poor choice both cost and usability wise.

perhaps a membrane keyboard (like the type on microwaves or dishwashers) that are a little more impervious to water and rage bashing.

5. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

"Couple this with the fact that the unit will also require a replacement lamp - usually every 2,000 hours or so with standard projectors "

2000 hrs? I'd have to buy a new bulb once a year. Some of those bulbs for projectors can cost into the 100s of $. Don't sound like a bargain to me.

As for the laser keyboard, I think thats a bit overkill. Should stick with a good ole tride and true keyboard. I still use a keyboard that's over 10 years old because the keys have just the right amount of resistance. Have to use an adapter for it because the plug is still the big round circle before the smaller PS2 plugs came about.

6. dark_avenger

dark_avenger Well-Known Member

AT Keyboard

7. woodss

woodss Yes Louis Wu

Is a cool concept though, when pico projector's get to HD this sort of thing will be huge, not sure about the keyboard part, touchscreen I would say would work better.

8. dyzophoria

dyzophoria Member

dunno, id go with a tablet than that, xp better than vista? yup, but there is 7 :p

9. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Wetsander

Wow. Ugly as sin, and looks to be about as functional as a speaker for the deaf.

10. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

It's a cool concept but I don't see it coming to light any time soon

Tags: Add Tags