1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks Dell inspiron mini 10, BSOD

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by guysy1110, 20 Feb 2011.

1. guysy1110

guysy1110 What's a Dremel?

Im trying to repair a inspiron mini 10, Yeah i know... Dell... Hell?

Its got the BSOD and i cant get into safe mode... im slightly out of touch with software repair so i could really do with some help, my local forums with the base of cars are usually ok but not helpful at this time...

The laptop apparently was running fine, something was downloaded and then the BSOD, so i updated my virus protection on my test computer, pulled the hard drive and ran it on my test machine, ran a scan and found 10 Trojans ! those where removed...

Now... how to do get the laptop running again? i would preferably like to run a program on my test machine to the hard drive as a slave to get it working..

What program should i use... or i suppose it might be hardware, but the story im told im thinking virus editing the registry?

Codes: 0x0000007e

0xc0000005

0x8656b562

0xf7a207ec

0xf7a204e8

Many thanks!

2. SouperAndy

SouperAndy To Bumble or not to Bumble?

Windows XP?

Can you copy any important data from the HDD to your test machine?

Did you receive a repair disk with the laptop?

Can you enter the F8 menu on Windows boot and restore a previous System Restore?

Cheers,

SouperAndy :worried:

3. guysy1110

guysy1110 What's a Dremel?

Im pretty sure its running xp yeah,

There isnt any important data on the hard drive,

its not mine so im not sure, but it doesnt have a cd drive, im waiting to see if i can borrow a cd drive from a friend later... a usb one, the only disk i have is a regular xp install disk... if i run this there should be a repair option right? and it could possibly work?

Failing that ill ask the owner if they had a disk... the only thing slowing me down is no external cd driver atm...

I haven't been able to get into F8... maybe once :S i cant remember how i did but i got into advanced boot and there was still no cmd line and i dont think a restore option...

Thanks.

4. Boldar

Boldar Minimodder