1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks Dell latitude d420 wireless driver problem

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Virus44, 19 Jul 2012.

1. Virus44

Virus44 What's a Dremel?

I have a friends notebook which is a dell latitude d420 and the wireless driver doesn't seem to be recognized and according to device manager even with the driver installed the wireless card is not detected how would i sort this issue out ?

2. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

I know on the D620 there is a little switch on the side that will turn the wireless off, is the D420 the same?

Also the wireless card can be disabled in the BIOS.

Virus44 likes this.
  3. Virus44

Virus44 What's a Dremel?

Just checked the internals and somebody's nicked the wireless card as my friend bought it of ebay
    for about £70 unless there is anywhere you could get a replacement wireless card from i would say the thread is closed and +rep for all who helped :thumb:

4. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

It's likely it got removed by the recycling firm, but some bottom end models didn't have them to start with.

5. matt_lumley

matt_lumley You're only supposed to...

You can pick them up quite cheap even from places like scan. Picked up a newer upgraded version for my sisters old laptop the other week. Might be worth a look! :)