1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Dell launches Ubuntu-based Alienware X51 gaming rig

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 8 Apr 2013.

1. SAimNE

SAimNE New Member

ubuntu isnt really meant for the extreme low budget systems. that would be lubuntu or linux mint that get's rid of all the fanfare. anyway in 5 years running games like that will be just as easy. there isnt any reason to think otherwise. and i was just saying there would probably be completely free emulators out by that time that will put wine to shame... sorta like ps1 emulators and such... all else fails you could set up dual boot(its not hard) and that wont cost you anything more than you would already pay for a copy of windows.. unless you couldnt handle the 5-10 second startup time that will be there cuz we will have most likely have switched almost exclusively to ssd or hybrid drives by that point in time. having linux is always a positive. nothing at all to lose since you dont pay, and a ton to gain.

2. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg New Member

I don't know what you do with this machine or what version of Linux so I can't speak to that except to say... thats odd, but what ever works for you.

3. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

Why is that odd? He just stated a fact about his own personal experience.

4. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg New Member

Odd as in unusual as in I've never experienced that level of problem and don't know any one else (when using a stable distro) who has. I some one was having two BSoD a day in Win7 you would describe it as odd no?

No need to get your fanboy claws out...

Last edited: 9 Apr 2013