1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Dell starts charging for Firefox installation

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 6 Mar 2014.

1. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Member

While I agree there are better ways and means. The old way is still in use today, I've had words with the IT department where I work and they just refuse to learn new ways and stick doing what they've done for over a decade because that is what they are comfortable with. It doesn't help when their new employees are clueless - I had one gawk in awe at an SSD and ask how it works.

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Ohh yea i understand profit margins must be super tight, and the other point you made about them getting paid by other company's to install bloatware, it just seems £16.25 is a lot of money for what is a relatively simple job.
    I'm not saying they should do it for free, but as they claim the £16.25 is purely to cover the time and labour involved for factory personnel to load a different image. It seems to me, time and labour cost them a lot more than it should be costing them.

3. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy New Member

This. They also have their own financing company that charges 29% APR on HP (USA).

TBH this £16 chit is just capitalism. IE - screwing a brotha out of a buck any way you can.