1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Dell sued for Intel kickbacks

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 5 Feb 2007.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I thought Michael Dell was coming back to the company because of this?

3. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

is this one of a few events marking the beginning of the end of Dell... lets hope so

ya ya I know if your a business your treated well by Dell, if your a customers well your treated like dirt and its complete BS.

So how many lawsuits does this make it lol I wonder if Dell will go down as the most sued computer manufacture?

4. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

holly crab.... dell shares will start to be worth lot less than they are now...... they are F***ed.

5. randosome

randosome Banned

funny problem there, i mean technically Intel are well within their rights to give dell bulk discounts, but whether that counts as bribery, and anti-competitive
    Well i'm not a lawyer so i don't know, but $1bn seems like a lot - but dell do make a lot of PCs

6. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

Maybe they will actually have to make some decent hardware now that they must compete with everyone else. Hopefully they will also stop using proprietary re-wiring of connectors, to reduce the costs of building the systems and also to not irk the s*** out of customers when a part breaks.

IMHO Dell still = suck

7. Swafeman

Swafeman Active Member

Surely this is just economies of scale? They get much better economies and can undercut everyone else, but as the worlds biggest computer seller, and using intel only they will be buying huge amounts of cpus, so surely they should be allowed a bigger discount?

8. Devil Bunny

Devil Bunny Yarrr, there be termites in me leg!

The point is that they only got the "discounts" if they stayed exclusive to Intel. I dont think the law would consider that as a bulk discount since they had to stay exclusive to one company to get it.

9. trig

trig god's little mistake

doesnt matter...the us government is in michael dell's back pocket...so don't be surprised if it all just "goes away"

10. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

naa, its received too much press attention already.

this really doesn't suprise me, it was always very strange how dell refused to sell AMD processors and i guess this is the reason. Hopefully this will mean that AMD will have a chance to show what they can do.

unfortunate how this has come out after AMDs few years of rule on the processor performance side had ended, maybe it would have given AMD a huge boost when it could have done with the support of dell.

11. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Active Member

Why is there a cycle with prebuilts- they treat their customers good, then everybody and their dog starts buying from them not caring if they are a good deal or not and then the - used to be good company becomes your worst nightmare. I'm glad I build my own.

L J

12. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Didnt need to start a new thread. Could of continued the "Dell back under Dell's control" thread as I had posted this news on there already. way before. Nevermind.

Nothing new really with Intel paying a company to only sell Intel chips. Funny how Sony only sold Intel.

Mind you Sega lost out with the Dreamcast because Sony bribed shops to only stock playstations.

It happens and needs to be clamped down on.

Tags: Add Tags