1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Dell U2410 arrived. But stuck/dead pixel

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dave99, 9 Jun 2011.

1. dave99

dave99 What's a Dremel?

So my U2410 arrived this morning:D but it has a dead pixel:(. I also noticed that the lower edge of the bezel is not flush with the panel itself, though the top edge is. This leaves a gap, albeit small, and I can see bare metal. Appears to be a manufacturing fault as it doesn't move so does not appear damaged. I called CCL who said they would arrange a pickup of the screen this afternoon and get another sent out once it had been checked for faulty pixels and that the bezel was flush etc. Possibly for tomorrow.

I found CCL customer services to be very helpful so despite receiving a monitor with a fault I am not actually angry as I believe that it depends on how a problem is sorted out that shows the quality of a business. I will reserve judgement until the new monitor arrives though as I did pay for the monitor checking service which appears to have missed the bezel problem.

Will keep you informed.

2. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

The monitor checking service is a con. Any dead pixels found are covered under DSR anyway.

3. dave99

dave99 What's a Dremel?

UPDATE:-

Have just received an e-mail form CCL confirming they are going to pick it up this afternoon and refund my monitor checking fee. They are going to have to order a new one in from Dell, check it and send it out to me, it should be with me some time next week.

4. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Good stuff. Tbh, CCLs customer service has been really good for me too.

Glad you got a quick resolution, nothing worse than being dissapointed with a purchase. Well actually there is but you know what I mean.

5. dave99

dave99 What's a Dremel?

Having had the misfortune to experience overclockers.co.uk customer service in the past it is nice to know that there are businesses like CCL and SCAN out there who still believe in customer service and don't just employ the first knuckle dragger they come across (yes that means you overclockers). Still reserving judgement until problem is resolved however.:eyebrow: But so far so good.

6. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

They're also covered under the standard Dell 3-year next day warranty for all Ultrasharp monitors.

7. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

That's a shame dude... but at least it's getting sorted. I'm so glad I decided on NEC and their second-to-none quality and quality control.

You'll be very happy with it when you get a nice one! :)

8. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Oh :( Well manufacture error happens.
    Well as Lenny said, at least it will be sorted out.

Other than this dead pixel, how was the unboxing?
    What did you think of the install process, the looks and design of the monitor and the stand quality?

9. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Lol, the only reason Goodbytes has a PC is to use it as an image generation device so he can look at his monitor!

:lol::lol::lol:

DragunovHUN and Ljs like this.
  10. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

LOL +1 fingers

11. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Just goes to show that just because you bought the U2410 you weren't immune to manufacturing defects... :)

But, as previously stated in this thread, the UltraSharp series has a very good pixel policy, which *might* have saved you from more trouble than with the ZR24W.

Anyway, here's hoping you get a faultfree monitor next!

12. dave99

dave99 What's a Dremel?

The design is great, loved the stand, really smooth. It's larger than I imagined, very pleased with that but will take a while to get used to. Didn't get to do too much setting up as the fault was pretty obvious. The standard settings out of the box were a bit odd looking to my eye, I changed teh profile and the image was great but I have read that it needs properly setting up to get the best out of it. Any recommended guides to setting it up?

13. dave99

dave99 What's a Dremel?

True. But to be honest I wanted the U2410 all along, just couldn't afford it at the time. Let's hope the next one is indeed fault free or I might just give up on monitors alltogether and use shadow puppets. :D

14. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

My u2711 arrived a couple of weeks ago with a blemish in the antiglare. It's replacement arrived yesterday with what looks like a little string of dead pixels in the bottom right corner... Is it possible that the pixels aren't dead but just don't light up fully as when I took a pic and zoomed in it looks like half the pixels are lighting up! Anyway fooked off with sending the damn thing back. Komplett have a crap DOA service which requires you to foot the cost of return (later refundable) and then send it back to the Netherlands before shipping a new one so it takes two weeks. Thinking of holding on to this one and maybe just using the dell warranty if it annoys me in time, my only worry there is do dell swap it out with the latest revision as mine is an A06 so I don't want an older one! Sigh...

15. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

HP applied the same policy for me with my ZR24w that had a stuck pixel. :)

16. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

They'll probably swap it out with a factory refurb or something, so there's a chance you may get a slightly older revision (probably not one of the first ones though). I wouldn't worry too much though, the changes between different revisions are usually very minor and you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference....the main thing is having a screen which works properly!

17. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

The string of dead pixels has turned out to be what looks like an eyelash between the display and ccfl back light. I tapped the screen and it flipped around! Might be tapping for a while yet to get the little git to disappear out the edge!!

18. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Actually had my ZR24W replaced twice due to defects by ebuyer with no issues and the second one was regarding a dead pixel.

19. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Very easy.
    Just select "Adobe RGB" color profile.
    Go to the "Color Management" panel of Windows. Now select your monitor in the drop down box, check the box "Use my settings". And Add/select the sRGB profile, and not the U2410 monitor (use it only if you use sRGB color profile). Once done, click OK, and your good. If you have any running program that displays images, you need to restart them (or restart your computer).

And that is all.

If you have any problem, just PM me. We can even IM.

Last edited: 9 Jun 2011
  20. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

So you might as well have got a ZR24W :-/